• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally lowered!

Started by shotime99, September 29, 2014, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotime99

Super easy install! Should of did it from new!
2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

SHOdded

Looks great :thumb:  H&Rs, from the looks of it?  How much did it affect alignment?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

+1 That looks sweet!

How is the ride? 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Looks super!

What kit did you use?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

That looks really good,how much was the rear lowered.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

shotime99

hey thanks guys!! I haven't been on much lately (been beating on the SHO) haha!

It is a H & R kit. it for sure lowered the rear about 1.5 inches and a inch up front.. its perfect now i think for such a tall car from the factory! I can finally wipe the roof with out standing on my dirtbike stand haha!

I haven't had an alignment yet.. tires are toast anyways from being at 2 autocross events in the last month so just letting the springs settle in for a week then will get it aligned..

Next mod is on order.. Braelin BRO4 20x8.5  wheels and 245/45-r20 Pilot Super Sports.. was gonna do 275/40 but decided to stick stock this round to see how the lightweight wheel and tire combo feels!

SHOdded

Nice looking wheel!  Used to run these on my '95.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I like to also lower my SHO but in my other car it was a pita to remove and install the Bilstein and Eibach springs which lowered it about 2 inches,I apologize being a little off topic.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shotime99

I was surprised how easy it was.. I did all 4 corners in about 4 hours without trying really hard!

IHeartGroceries

I think I've seen some of you guys do it...but, how does it look with just a set of the springs on the rear? The front looks a little low for me. But I'd love to ditch that awful rake from the factory. Is it evened out with the springs in the rear? But, adversely, I wouldn't want the ass end to look like there's 5 dead hookers in the trunk...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Some folks have run just the Eibachs in the rear, just H&Rs back there might be too much.

shotime99

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 30, 2014, 11:56:51 AM
I think I've seen some of you guys do it...but, how does it look with just a set of the springs on the rear? The front looks a little low for me. But I'd love to ditch that awful rake from the factory. Is it evened out with the springs in the rear? But, adversely, I wouldn't want the ass end to look like there's 5 dead hookers in the trunk...

Here is with just the rear h&r springs installed! I was curious also before I did the front

shotime99

Eibach may look better in the rear only as I hear they don't go as low.

glock-coma

Quote from: shotime99 on September 30, 2014, 03:29:22 PM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 30, 2014, 11:56:51 AM

Here is with just the rear h&r springs installed! I was curious also before I did the front
Great idea taking a pic after rear only install. Looks good rear only
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)