• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gauge cluster screen - FYI

Started by slurppie, September 27, 2014, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

Be careful when using chemicals to treat the exterior of your car. The only two chemicals I have used since I bought the car new was Meguiars "Natural Shine Protectant" and 303 Aerospace Protectant. Not sure which one actually caused it but whichever one it was, it etched the lens. The replacement lens is only $25 and took me about 45min to replace.

-Bryan
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

slurppie

Interior - damn fat thumbs and iPhone.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOdded

Thanks for the heads up!  Polishing with 205 or PlastX no good?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

slurppie

Now that I have it out I'm going to test products to see if anything works. I put a small drop of 303 on it and will let it sit just to see if that was what caused the etching.  I did hit it with some Menzerna 4500 and it took some of the etching out.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

BiGMaC

The best I have found for cleaning/ repairing the finish on plastics, interior or exterior,  is the Novus kit it has three stages.  Even get "spiders" off the console doors. ... And one kit is all you'll ever need.
Usually only one or two of the stages are needed.   

I use Aerospace 303 and detail weekly.  No problems.  Just have to be sure to wipe it off per the instructions and don't let it dry.... Wipe on/wipe off.... Unlike many other preservants.

I would also suggest CarPro PERL as it also works like a champ!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock