• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Lincoln Continental

Started by SwampRat, September 21, 2014, 06:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

If you Google 2017 Lincoln Concept you will come up with several articles on what looks interesting .
Ford is internally considering replacing the MKS with the Continental name of earlier years . I hope so as the MK this and MK that is so boring and bland !

one link below ......
http://www.autonews.com/article/20140818/OEM04/308189996?template=mobile&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

Real power and a real drive train would help the "new" attitude.  Is there a clear vision of what Lincoln represents, and what it will take to excel at it?  I am not seeing the signs yet.  The 3.5L seems to be the biggest EB yet.   What is the holdup with a 5.0EB???
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

The problem is there is a blur between every day car brands and luxury.  Now days most or all cars you buy can be had with leather and heated seats and all sort mof fancy things.  That used to be the domain of a luxury brand. Wood trim and exterior styling is the major difference many Ford and Lincoln products.  GM was and is the same way in many ways except for some power train items in the v powered cars.  Honda and Acura share a similar issue.  Not enough product identity differences between brands.  These company's have to have a reason for a person to step up to there high tier brands. 
2013 SHO

black99lightning

The issue is FWD.  Make the Lincoln flagship 5.0 supercharged and RWD.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

PokerMunkee

Needs to be AWD.  I hope they bring back the Continental and Town Car names.  But don't think it will matter, no one cares about Lincoln.  America doesn't have a true flagship luxury brand.  Cadillac is the closest we have, which is pretty sad.  Nothing to compete with the S Class, A8, Bentley, BMW 7 Series, etc.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on October 01, 2014, 07:23:40 PM
Needs to be AWD.  I hope they bring back the Continental and Town Car names.  But don't think it will matter, no one cares about Lincoln.  America doesn't have a true flagship luxury brand.  Cadillac is the closest we have, which is pretty sad.  Nothing to compete with the S Class, A8, Bentley, BMW 7 Series, etc.
While I agree with the perception you note that folks have to a "T"... A little more attention to fit and finish along with a couple options and I'd put the SHO against all but the classically chauffeur driven cars.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Well, we have the Tesla :D  Where's the European production all-electric car?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

There was a time when Lincoln's and Cadillac cost more than a roller or Bentley. Been a very long time now. But they once where at the same level.
2013 SHO

crash712us

I don't see it happening. We are suppose to start on the new MKS here next month. And will probably be available spring of 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

black99lightning

Cadilac is making a very good product.  Aside from the XTS and the small SUV, their products are top notch and better than the BMW/MB counterparts.  ATS will soon have a V variant, and the new CTS V will be out soon.  Lincoln has nothing to compete.  An updated FWD based AWD vehicle is not even close, I'm not sure what Ford is thinking.  They could easily use the underpinnings of the current Australian Falcon, 5.0 and 5.0 supercharged.  To me the  current Jaguar XF looks like it borrowed heavily from that platform, including engines.  The typical Lincoln greyhair has moved on to Lexus.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

SHOdded

Since the bean counters at Ford seem to be doing a pretty decent job, Lincoln should have no problem putting together powerhouse drivetrains of refinement at a "budget" price.