• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded turbo install "How-To"

Started by ONLYA6, February 08, 2014, 08:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONLYA6

So I cut time O2 bung shorter and got the sensor to clear the oil cooler, barely, but now I have this. Hopefully PPE can pull through and get me another front downpipe this week. 

Heading to Livernois Thursday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 08, 2014, 08:53:16 PM
So I cut time O2 bung shorter and got the sensor to clear the oil cooler, barely, but now I have this. Hopefully PPE can pull through and get me another front downpipe this week. 

We've been emailing Paul, he should respond ASAP. I'm just baffled why yours doesn't fit but Mikeb does.
BTW, on my car it was like that or close to that, you take the back exhaust off the hangers, install the bolts and put it back on the hangers. Have you tried that?
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ONLYA6

It won't do any good. The rear downpipe is bolted up to the cat back and it's fine. Since the xpipe is right after the connection it's all rigid. Even if I loosened the Corsa exhaust back at the rear before it goes out to the mufflers since it's all one piece in the mid section I couldn't make up that much of a gap.

Steven

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: ONLYA6 on February 08, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
It won't do any good. The rear downpipe is bolted up to the cat back and it's fine. Since the xpipe is right after the connection it's all rigid. Even if I loosened the Corsa exhaust back at the rear before it goes out to the mufflers since it's all one piece in the mid section I couldn't make up that much of a gap.

OK, I've let Paul know so he can respond. Sorry for your issues.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SHOdded

Excellent writeup/pictorial, Steven.  Hope you git 'er done pronto :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ONLYA6

I'll try to get the writeup portion done sometime this week.

Steven

68_GT

very nice ! what are the details of your full build ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on February 08, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

We've been emailing Paul, he should respond ASAP. I'm just baffled why yours doesn't fit but Mikeb does.
BTW, on my car it was like that or close to that, you take the back exhaust off the hangers, install the bolts and put it back on the hangers. Have you tried that?

Mike, was this just an issue on this car?

When I got the pipes from you I had non-PP and now I have PP.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 22, 2015, 04:29:00 AM
Quote from: EcoPowerParts on February 08, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

Mike, was this just an issue on this car?

When I got the pipes from you I had non-PP and now I have PP.

Yeah just this car.
www.ecopowerparts.com -