• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carbon Fiber

Started by MDesign Performance, September 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

So as a first attempt I'm satisfied with the cover. I really underestimated the amount of work involved though as it took 3 weeks start to finish with all the coats and sanding. Pic below with a sneak peak of the MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake.

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

SHOnUup

That looks REAL nice...I want one

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Looks Wowza!  Looking forward to production availability for a hungry market :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOdded on October 26, 2014, 06:11:43 PM
Looks Wowza!  Looking forward to production availability for a hungry market :)

Production of the engine cover might be limited, though the cold air intake is going to be available for pre-order in the coming week.

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

SHOnUup

Would like to ask more questions but I bet there's a thread in the making?

Dyno pulls?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

Looks great. Interested in final results.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 26, 2014, 07:30:23 PM
Would like to ask more questions but I bet there's a thread in the making?

Dyno pulls?

Rich

A thread will be made in the next couple of days, I just received the final piece from the manufacture and it looks great. Only change to the intake pic above is that the chrome piece will be made out of carbon fiber as well.