• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carbon Fiber

Started by MDesign Performance, September 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

I would get with 4DR and see what he can make happen.  If you have CAD drawings and/or a sample you can send to him, even better.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

A while back didnt 4DRHTRD carry the carbon fiber engine cover?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jayskycj

Pretty sure that one is HydroDipped ZSHO.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

BiGMaC

Yes it was a hydrodip and SW had a horrible experience with them.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 23, 2014, 03:31:09 PM
Actually that wasn't my guy...
I never used him to sell anything to you guys, I found a different guy who did good work BUT wouldn't get the SHO cover, he just wanted to use the regular one without the SHO emblem.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 23, 2014, 05:03:49 PM
I never used him to sell anything to you guys, I found a different guy who did good work BUT wouldn't get the SHO cover, he just wanted to use the regular one without the SHO emblem.
Thanks Mike... I stand corrected.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

MDesign Performance

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 23, 2014, 05:03:49 PM

That's probably because to get a good carbon fiber weave design you're going to need to get rid of any non-flat surfaces or sharp edges, it's the same with this genuine carbon fiber cover. It does leave options for custom final lettering that can be applied and cleared over though.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on September 20, 2014, 04:53:31 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
Such a tease :)  Just remember we expect 3 products:  intake, exhaust, and engine cover!  So you have to re-arrange your priorities :P

Lol I try ;). Unfortunately no exhaust, the intake has been redesigned (again) for the final time (hopefully) and is just a matter of getting one of the components manufactured in larger numbers.

Concerning the carbon fiber, along with the engine cover I plan to make a battery cover and also am looking to do some interior pieces as well. Here's another update on the engine cover:

Any updates on this?  Anxious to see the engine cover with the clear coat .... And installed.

MDesign Performance

It needs a couple more coats of resin and then clear but it's coming out nice :)
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

MDesign Performance

Just started clearing the cover, needs a couple stages of wet sanding and clear then buffing to a polish.

peppelepugh

2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on October 01, 2014, 10:59:04 AM
Just started clearing the cover, needs a couple stages of wet sanding and clear then buffing to a polish.

Looking super!  When you've got it done so you have a time estimate let me know when you want to start on mine! .... Seriously.

SHOdded

Can't wait to see the finished product, coming along very nicely!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Looks real good and keep us updated and might be interested in a couple pieces,any sample piece for the battery cover?.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MDesign Performance

Quote from: BiGMaC on October 01, 2014, 11:48:53 AM
Looking super!  When you've got it done so you have a time estimate let me know when you want to start on mine! .... Seriously.

Lol! I got you covered Tom!

Quote from: ZSHO on October 01, 2014, 01:20:39 PM
Looks real good and keep us updated and might be interested in a couple pieces,any sample piece for the battery cover?.

First step is to create a battery cover, anyone have any designs concepts in mind or currently have a battery cover to show off?