• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Carbon Fiber

Started by MDesign Performance, September 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Carbon fiber engine cover.

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOdded

Such a tease :)  Just remember we expect 3 products:  intake, exhaust, and engine cover!  So you have to re-arrange your priorities :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: Spartn27 on September 19, 2014, 10:58:22 PM
So the MDesign intake has been on hold, the design on the boards has been scrapped and improved on. A simpler, direct bolt on and sealed system was designed instead. This required having parts custom made and is both time consuming and expensive. Some of you know that I am also a law student and my studies of course take priority. I'm happy to let you guys know though that I have started working extensively with carbon fiber. Not only was the intake on hold due to my studies, I've also been away from my vehicle for a month, and now that I have the car to work on again I've started on a carbon fiber engine cover.

I will post up pics and updates in here as working with carbon fiber is time consuming not only due to labor but also the drying times of all the chemicals used.

PM sent

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

That looks great and do you put any type of insulation under or its not sufficient.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MDesign Performance

Quote from: SHOdded on September 20, 2014, 03:18:39 AM
Such a tease :)  Just remember we expect 3 products:  intake, exhaust, and engine cover!  So you have to re-arrange your priorities :P

Lol I try ;). Unfortunately no exhaust, the intake has been redesigned (again) for the final time (hopefully) and is just a matter of getting one of the components manufactured in larger numbers.

Concerning the carbon fiber, along with the engine cover I plan to make a battery cover and also am looking to do some interior pieces as well. Here's another update on the engine cover:

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

MDesign Performance

Quote from: ZSHO on September 20, 2014, 07:36:38 AM
That looks great and do you put any type of insulation under or its not sufficient.

It retains the OEM mounts and insulation

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Patiently waiting for an intake that actually works without modification....

BiGMaC

Ahmad.... I'm down for engine cover, battery cover, and probably the intake in the new closed design...CF of course... Email me.  Let's work something out.
Tom

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 20, 2014, 08:34:59 PM
Ahmad.... I'm down for engine cover, battery cover, and probably the intake in the new closed design...CF of course... Email me.  Let's work something out.
Tom
Hopefully this will get the ball rolling!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on September 21, 2014, 02:34:32 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on September 20, 2014, 08:34:59 PM
Tom
Hopefully this will get the ball rolling!
Hope so... I've been talking to Ahmad for about 6-7 months on doing this.

panther427

What happened the exhaust
2013 SHO

MDesign Performance

Quote from: panther427 on September 23, 2014, 10:06:10 AM
What happened the exhaust

It wasn't cost effective to manufacture and have them all handmade at the quality I would like to put my name on. Also after testing many setups I highly recommend just modifying the OEM cat + resonator by deleting them and replacing them with a free flowing aftermarket resonator. The stock mufflers do a great job at killing drone.