• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Small puddle of water

Started by zamirlihari, September 19, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Impressive & scary!  Should probably check mine, especially after last winter!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

elund126

Quote from: ZSHO on September 20, 2014, 01:13:54 PM
You guys here were more helpful than a senior tech at Ford,each door has two drain holes like many members here stated earlier and the rear drivers side door was clogged and about a gallon of water started shooting out after cleaning up the holes under the moulding at each corner of each door,hopefully this helps someone.

+1 on the door drains being clogged. Drained what seemed like a few gallons out of one at work!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

navbtcret

Quote from: ZSHO on September 20, 2014, 01:13:54 PM
You guys here were more helpful than a senior tech at Ford,each door has two drain holes like many members here stated earlier and the rear drivers side door was clogged and about a gallon of water started shooting out after cleaning up the holes under the moulding at each corner of each door,hopefully this helps someone.

I am glad that is what the issue was. I had mine clog on me last winter with anti skid and have been cleaning them ever since with every wash.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

Ryan02Stang

I just noticed puddles under my doors exactly like you explained today.  I park in my driveway (only one car garage and the Mustang gets it) and I have a tree that drops a bunch of those helicopters on the car.  The drains must have gotten clocked from these.

Tomorrow I'll have to take a look, but I'm sure this is whats causing the problem.
2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

66 Galaxie

If you need to "snake" the sunroof drains try using a piece of grass trimmer/weed wacker line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

Scott4957

Had this happen too, i just lifted the weather stripping up on the rear door and about a gallon came shooting out! Glad to see that was supposed to happen anyways. Where are the holes up top by the sun roof?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Ryan02Stang

Quote from: 66 Galaxie on June 03, 2016, 09:04:03 AM
If you need to "snake" the sunroof drains try using a piece of grass trimmer/weed wacker line.

Good tip!  Where are the holes for the sunroof drain?
2015 Explorer Sport

BlueSHO

Quote from: Ryan02Stang on June 03, 2016, 09:40:31 AM
Quote from: 66 Galaxie on June 03, 2016, 09:04:03 AM

Good tip!  Where are the holes for the sunroof drain?
Yeah would like to know also.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

There is one drain hole at the very far corner of the sunroof.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Awesome, thanks guys. So what are the holes at the bottom of the doors under the weather stripping?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

I believe those are to allow water that gets in through the window channels or anywhere else around the door to drain out the bottom of the doors.  Since we don't have proper "rain gutters" on cars anymore.

SHOdded

There was actually a TSB on the Flex for adjusting the elbows on the drains:
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=180482

An interesting discussion on the Flex forum:
http://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10757

ZSHO

As being the OP Glad this thread was somewhat beneficial to many of our esteem members here,also there is one drain hole on each corner of every door and also make sure that the tracks on the sunroof are properly greased,pics below.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Ryan02Stang

Just pulled the weather stripping on the back doors and seems like half a gallon of water came gushing from each side.  I'll have to check the sun roof drains this weekend.

Appreciate the info on here!!
2015 Explorer Sport