• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Small puddle of water

Started by zamirlihari, September 19, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

It hasnt rained here in a few days,lately between bottom of driver&rear door there is a small puddle of water on the ground,there is no smell but figured its probably the main drain for the car,any one experience this?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SwampRat

A/C evaporator core and component condensation drain off .... more than likely .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

No water in the cabin or musty smells or anything, right?  All weatherstripping in place & dry?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

No a/c on far about a week now,noticed the drivers door insulation to be very brittle and loose,is that common on these cars,also noticed if parked on a incline the water would be more frequent.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

Are you parked in a garage? Or outside. Could it be condensation dripping from the cool nights? If NY nights are anything like Ohio's  my car is covered with dew in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

The other day drove to close to an hour and parked the car on an incline and weather was cool and dry,noticed it dripping so put my hand there,figured a drop every few seconds,water was so clear,working on my BMW for about 12 years now thought i seen it all.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SwampRat on September 19, 2014, 03:28:17 PM
A/C evaporator core and component condensation drain off .... more than likely .
This is on drivers side just a bit lower than tstat and about a foot further towards the rear of car. Could see it finding it's way to mid drivers door area.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Don't know how common it is for the insulation to be brittle/loose.  Haven't heard any mention of that.  Maybe run a good rubber/leather renewal product over it? 

Nowadays, doors can be part of the drainage systems, so it is POSSIBLE that it is normal for the SHO, but don't know for sure.  If it's not condensation making it's way down the door frame/jamb, it's got to be a clogged drain somewhere.  The closest thing to a drainage problem has usually been the sunroof after a rainstorm draining into the interior.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Thanks SHOdded that actually was my next step from past experiences with the sunroof drain clogged and water getting inside and next thing its on your passenger floor mat,We always clean&wax our cars but most importanly we neglect maintaning the sunroof which could lead to costly repairs.

navbtcret

Take a wet rag and clean under the weather strip at the bottom of the door. Some of the drains maybe partially clogged and allowing the water out slowly. I always clean under mine after every wash when I am drying the car.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

SHOdded

Quote from: navbtcret on September 20, 2014, 06:02:10 AM
Take a wet rag and clean under the weather strip at the bottom of the door. Some of the drains maybe partially clogged and allowing the water out slowly. I always clean under mine after every wash when I am drying the car.
Do you know of a diagram that shows all the drainage points on the SHO?  TIA.

ZSHO

SHOdded a buddy of mine is a service advisor at Ford and just sent him an email if can send me a diagram of the drainage points on the SHO.

ZSHO

Service advisor emailed me and said that there are so many diagrams on the drainage points related to the SHO,but explained to him my situation and after speaking to a senior tech he said its most likely a clogged drain in the sunroof.

SHOdded

That sunroof drain again!  Interesting.  Any recommendations to clear it out?

ZSHO

You guys here were more helpful than a senior tech at Ford,each door has two drain holes like many members here stated earlier and the rear drivers side door was clogged and about a gallon of water started shooting out after cleaning up the holes under the moulding at each corner of each door,hopefully this helps someone.