• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Improved MKS Front Grills/lights

Started by TSS, September 08, 2014, 02:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TSS

I had the upper grill body color matched, blacked out lower grill, lightly tinted headlights, and 3M Clear bra protected the whole front end (all professionally done - I don't have the skills).

BEFORE: Way too much going on with black, body color, silver slats on grill, and chrome. Plus, too many competing vertical and horizontal lines:

AFTER:   

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

TSS

I have used the same tint guys for years for my window tinting. He also did the clear bra for me.  He told me about the new headlight tint he just got in and convinced me to try it - allegedly it lets almost all the light through unlike regular window tint. Zero UV protection.  I used the car last week late at night in the rain and it seemed to deliver as promised - no noticeable difference in light output.  I don't know the manufacturer of the headlight tint off hand, but I will try to find out if you are interested. My tint guy has a computer aided device that cuts the templates for the tint and clear bra. It's a bit more high tech than most other tinters I have gone to.   He can still make custom pieces (like for my grill) when he needs to.   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

leecox

Very nice! Exactly what I want to do to the MKT grill/front end. How much did you get charged for all of that work?

Workin on my Lead Sled...