• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Cleanup

Started by NAiLs, September 08, 2014, 01:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAiLs

So in July I decided to buy a bunch of cleaning materials to clean-up my G8.  I spent roughly 10 hours cleaning her up and the results were nothing short of incredible!

Well, I have had the itch to do my SHO for a while now, and had to hold off because the weather constantly sucked or I was too busy.  So this past weekend, I only had intentions of cleaning her up and throwing a coat of wax on, since the previous owner never took great care of the paint.  I just got curious, whipped out my polisher, did a test area, and fell in love with the results.  So, here I ended up spending a total of 12 hours with this car, and that included waxing my freshly powder coated wheels.

I used all Meguiar's products, including the M205 polish, Ultimate Wax (synthetic for a base coat), and M26 Carnauba wax (top coat).  I had full intentions of doing an M7 glaze, but I found out that my pad was a tad too abrasive and reintroduced micro swirls back into the paint... so I have to skip that for now.  I've got a Porter Cable 7424xp DA polisher and I used CCS Smart Pads.  (www.autogeek.net/lc-ccs-6inch-pads.html)

So I'm super stoked that this thing is finally done.  I wish the front bumper looked better, but it is what it is.... stupid rocks!

Now here's my question.  I didn't have any masking tape this time around and just so happened to get some wax on the plastic bottom rockers.  Is there any way to get this off?  I tried Mother's Back to Black, but that isn't pulling the wax off.

SHOnUup

Very nice job!!! I need to step up my detailing methods.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

donky4444

Looking great.  I love that Blue!
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOdded

Shiny ... like :thumb:  I use a 50/50 mix of Zep Citrus/Dawn to strip away any wax on the Edge before a full detail.  Maybe this will work on the plastic panels as well?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOdded on September 08, 2014, 03:52:34 PM
Shiny ... like :thumb:  I use a 50/50 mix of Zep Citrus/Dawn to strip away any wax on the Edge before a full detail.  Maybe this will work on the plastic panels as well?

Dawn should get the wax off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

pauly_gxp

Dawn dish soap bud.  Two of my favorite cars!  Looks great!

NAiLs

Aww crap... why didn't I think of that!!?  Dawn dish soap...  Jeez!!!  Thanks guys!  I'll let ya know if I'm still having troubles getting it off, but I don't see why I would.

Thanks for the compliments!  I spend a ton of time caring for my cars and it definitely shows!  :)