• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random Pics o' The Day

Started by SHOdded, September 07, 2014, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

That trans fluid changed seems to have helped ... a little :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I spent half the day cleaning her up,was long over due for cleaning,washed her up then while she was wet used a clay bar section at a time along with the hose,then applied some Malco wax and finished it off with some Malco glaze,to help retain the wax.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Spent this morning out at Phx International Raceway Driving NASCAR Race cars with my wife, youngest boy and daughter-in-law.   What a Blast!  Here's my son getting in his Nomex. Left click any pic to enlarge...

He and I in our cars... The deal was 1 hour classroom, 5 laps ride along training (had helmet 2-way radios)... the 8 laps alone in the same car... guidance from tower via radio... speeds to 150-170 mph!

My wife didn't want to drive... but I talked her into a ride along for 3 laps with a pro driver... Here she is climbing in.  She exited the car after the ride with a big smile ....and as a member of the 150mph club!.... Plus having gained a greater appreciation for the doors on our cars, LOL

If you get a chance you should do this!... The pro drivers said Talledega and Charlotte are big enough that you can go even faster!  Wide angle screaming by pit row....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Your SHO looks amazing as always, Z, quite the headturner!  I've only heard of Malco Brake-off, not the wax/glaze products?  How long have you been using them?

What is your advice, BiGMaC, for people who haven't driven in triple digits?  I assume you were solo on the track for your sessions, no other vehicles?  What do you have to watch for?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 11, 2015, 04:18:44 PM
Your SHO looks amazing as always, Z, quite the headturner!  I've only heard of Malco Brake-off, not the wax/glaze products?  How long have you been using them?

What is your advice, BiGMaC, for people who haven't driven in triple digits?  I assume you were solo on the track for your sessions, no other vehicles?  What do you have to watch for?
Thanks -MANU have been using these products since buying the SHO,besides the great shine and durability it smells better than a woman,and actually was recommended by a buddy of mine that has a bodyshop.Z   http://www.malcoautomotive.com/Nano_Care__Blueberry_Paste_Wax-details.aspx

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on April 11, 2015, 04:18:44 PM

Actually Manu at any one time 9 cars were rolling....there were 3 cars with us amateurs, 3 cars with amateurs doing the teaching ride along... these groups stayed higher on the banks...  and the just ride alongs got the low fast lane... They set up cones where they want you off the throttle into the turns.... rpms limited at 5500K... after you get the car rolling you just stay in 4th gear.... That is not boring on a 1 mile long track!.... They don't want you drafting, rubbing, etc... the tower used the radio to tell us about traffic from the rear (no mirrors!)  and what was in front of us...which is needed at 200ft/sec! they would tell us when to go full throttle again... seemed quick sometimes, but they were right.    These cars of course don't have speedometers.. The tach is the main gauge.  Each driver had a separate "coach".... actually on my first lap he kept telling me to go faster! It's well controlled, and you just sign a huge release... they teach a bit of basic technique... and tell you what you can and can't do.  You'd have to be stupid to get into much difficulty.  These guys knew the cars and the track like the back of their hands!  I came away with an even greater appreciation for the effort and teamwork involved in the sport.... as well as how flimsy the plastic bodies on the cars are, LOL  The thrill of being turned loose in a dedicated NASCR racer is a real thrill... go to the bathroom first and eat light!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 11, 2015, 04:13:02 PM
Spent this morning out at Phx International Raceway Driving NASCAR Race cars with my wife, youngest boy and daughter-in-law.   What a Blast!  Here's my son getting in his Nomex. Left click any pic to enlarge...

He and I in our cars... The deal was 1 hour classroom, 5 laps ride along training (had helmet 2-way radios)... the 8 laps alone in the same car... guidance from tower via radio... speeds to 150-170 mph!

My wife didn't want to drive... but I talked her into a ride along for 3 laps with a pro driver... Here she is climbing in.  She exited the car after the ride with a big smile ....and as a member of the 150mph club!.... Plus having gained a greater appreciation for the doors on our cars, LOL

If you get a chance you should do this!... The pro drivers said Talledega and Charlotte are big enough that you can go even faster!  Wide angle screaming by pit row....

That must be an incredible lifetime experience to remember ..Z

SHOdded

Good info there, BiGMaC.  Maybe I'll be bold enough to go a round or two some day!

ZSHO

I had a chance to wash her up today,so if anyone is considering getting the Corsa cat back straight thru exhaust,here's a little pic from behind.Z

BiGMaC

Z...I love the angle cut on the Corsa... looks great!

After we got in from PIR I detailed the big girl, foam cannon Iron-x decontaminated, polished out the spider-like scratches where they pushed me into the shop last week using Reflect and CarPro white finishing pad (mirrored it out in 10 minutes!), and did a Reload application...still blows me away that 25 cc will cover the car!

Manu.... you should do it, any ca enthusiast should!... Here's the number to schedule nation-wide on the T-shirt they gave me today...

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 11, 2015, 11:15:49 PM
Z...I love the angle cut on the Corsa... looks great!

Manu.... you should do it, any ca enthusiast should!... Here's the number to schedule nation-wide on the T-shirt they gave me today...[/URL]
x2 on the Corsa :thumb:  Thanks for the info, BiGMaC!

2Canches

Mmm new airRaids

Sent from my 📱 non ➕ using Tapatalk in 🇨🇦

SHOdded

ZSHO

I received my other case of the Heet alternative and came in great condition,Methanol and water remover.Z