• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random Pics o' The Day

Started by SHOdded, September 07, 2014, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayskycj

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 29, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
Quote from: jayskycj on March 29, 2015, 05:16:35 PM
Perfect day for a drive!
Awesome pic, in that light the tires disappear...

Thanks, I noticed that too, thought it was a good share :)
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Haha...

This stuff doesn't look so hot for 47k.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

How are you flushing, exactly? Just draining what falls out, topping off, running, etc. for a few cycles?

Ashamed to admit it, but I have no idea wether or not these transmissions have a dip stick. Do they?
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 30, 2015, 05:51:43 PM
How are you flushing, exactly? Just draining what falls out, topping off, running, etc. for a few cycles?

Ashamed to admit it, but I have no idea wether or not these transmissions have a dip stick. Do they?
Drain and fill process. Dip stick is under the CAI, removing CAI is a must to check...unless you're sporting an MDesign.

I jacked up all 4 corners and used jack stands. Doing this looks like the car isn't level and I'm only getting 4 quarts out at a time because of it I think. Going to do this 4 times.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

In between the drains I am running car for about 3 minutes going through the gears nice and relaxed giving each one about 15 seconds before going to the next.

Rich

IHeartGroceries

Sweet! Pardon my ignorance, but what's the fill capacity?
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

SHOdded

11.6 quarts, per OM, for the 2011 (and 2013).  Interestingly, it was 10.2 for the 2010!  All years Mercon LV.

I thought for a second you pulled out PTU fluid, Rich!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on March 30, 2015, 10:50:34 PM
11.6 quarts, per OM, for the 2011 (and 2013).  Interestingly, it was 10.2 for the 2010!  All years Mercon LV.

I thought for a second you pulled out PTU fluid, Rich!
I checked for the PTU smell in it and couldn't tell. It did have a little red to it when leaned up the side of the jar, but still really dark.

The stutter from 1-2 gear was completely gone on the one nice pull I made. Maybe that stutter is a maintenance call?

Rich

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 30, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
The stutter from 1-2 gear was completely gone on the one nice pull I made. Maybe that stutter is a maintenance call?
Might very well be!  Something to keep in mind for sure.  Since I am sure you will log your experiences :)  we'll find out!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on March 31, 2015, 12:03:29 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on March 30, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
Might very well be!  Something to keep in mind for sure.  Since I am sure you will log your experiences :)  we'll find out!
The anticipation leading up to the launch was pretty heavy. I had a hunch that my car didn't just all of a sudden not like the 1-2 shift, and figured it had to be some kind of mechanical anomaly at play.

Would love to go feel it our more today, but Michigan has a way with Spring weather.....

Good morning

Rich

SHOdded

Wow!  Rainy and 60F here today, so a little better :)

sunwolf

2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

sunwolf

2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4