• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random Pics o' The Day

Started by SHOdded, September 07, 2014, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

So, perhaps it's better to paint thinner and just apply more coats? I have what I feel like pretty decent paint and brushes - Purdy and Sherwin Williams.
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 13, 2015, 03:23:24 PM
So, perhaps it's better to paint thinner and just apply more coats? I have what I feel like pretty decent paint and brushes - Purdy and Sherwin Williams.
Yes, a primer helps to if it's not pre primed. Painting over the usual gloss type finish a trim paint is, makes it tougher also.

Those are quality brushes. ;)

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 13, 2015, 03:48:43 PM
Yes, a primer helps to if it's not pre primed. Painting over the usual gloss type finish a trim paint is, makes it tougher also.

Rich
Well, here's my progress...

I've sanded the trim, door and baseboards to the bare wood. Horrendous experience. It was an oil based paint there before with a primer beneath, painted by the builder. Looked great. But terrible color. I then applied a new coat of primer, sanded away the brush marks, applied a second coat of primer, and it is now ready for the final finish. It isn't oil this time though...a Sherwin Williams oil/latex hybrid. White in color. High in gloss. XD

I'll let you know how it goes!
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 13, 2015, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on March 13, 2015, 03:48:43 PM

Rich
Well, here's my progress...

I've sanded the trim, door and baseboards to the bare wood. Horrendous experience. It was an oil based paint there before with a primer beneath, painted by the builder. Looked great. But terrible color. I then applied a new coat of primer, sanded away the brush marks, applied a second coat of primer, and it is now ready for the final finish. It isn't oil this time though...a Sherwin Williams oil/latex hybrid. White in color. High in gloss. XD

I'll let you know how it goes!
Good luck...if not going your way, step back, do some 12 ounce curls and clear the head!

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

FoMoCoSHO

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

southtxSHO

Can't wait to go to tomorrow's track event
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

SHOdded

have fun, just remember not to blind everyone with the new DRLs ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

southtxSHO

Lmao , I will try not to ...
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

SHOnUup

Quote from: southtxSHO on March 13, 2015, 10:58:28 PM
Can't wait to go to tomorrow's track event
Looks like a blast

Rich

southtxSHO

Arriving the the house of grudge event
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

southtxSHO

Pics of House of Grudge event starring Ken Herring.
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes