• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO clean up!

Started by RagingPenguin, September 05, 2014, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPenguin

Gave my car a good compound in select areas for scratch removal, then a full polish and wax!
Rain off and on made my day very difficult, about 8 hours total on the car
Used a powerfist orbital, miguires ultimate polish, gold wax and #4 compound (will update with proper name)

After polish

After wax

SHOdded

Great results!  Microfiber or wool pad on a Festool?  What was your instrument of choice?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RagingPenguin

Microfiber bonnet with a wool pad underneath to provide a bit of error room. Will be swapping to 3M foam pads for next time.
Orbital was a powerfist 7in, less than 100$ and worked very well. Had a bit hand polishing as the 7in pad was a bit to large for some areas. Overall very pleased with results.

peppelepugh

DAYUMN!!!!!!!! Now i feel i need to spend some 1on1 time with my car.... lol
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

BiGMaC

End result looks really sweet!  :thumb:

Glad to see another guy OC about his finish like me!  :coolgleam:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

RagingPenguin

OC... That's one way to put it. Firm believer in paint care. Really enjoy the process cleaning/waxing etc. One of the few areas of a vehicle you can show off your hard work.

Here's my 2004 F150.