• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another disappointment at the track...

Started by SHO-TYM, August 29, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 12:34:49 PM
Was just looking at the rules and tips from local dragway.  It states that if you are on street tires, "DO NOT drive through the water box! Your treaded tires will pick up water in the treads, and when you do burnout, it will sling water all over inside the wheel well. You will then track water all the way to the tree, and water will be dripping down onto your tires, making them very slick! If you do this, you make the track dangerous for everyone,  and you may be asked to leave if you do it again. The water is for slicks, not treaded tires. Etc...."

Lapeer Dragway via the "readme for beginners" tab
Everytime I go to my local strip, they tell me to make sure to stay out of the water
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Also found it interesting that some track etiquette is waiting for other racer to pre-stage before you fully stage.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Yea. I fully staged against a 5.0 stang, and they made me back up and wait for him to pre stage before I fully stage..... thought it was odd... but whatever
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

TimmyATL

Just a thought. I have seen a common factor with SHO owners that are not pleased with there track times. And its the 2.77 final drive ratio. Those of us with the 13 and up PP have a 3.16 which will make a decent difference. When it was colder in April I had a 1/8 mile times of 8.25, 8.22 and my last run of the night the car hook up good and did a 8.17. With just a LMS 93 V8 tune. Just some food for thought.
13 SHO PP, Airaid intake, 170 T-stat, 3bar map sensor, Ecopower Parts hot side pipes, Turbosmart 7lb wastegate actuators, Stainless Works catted downpipes, Corsa cat back exhaust with Loudvalves exhaust dumps, Alky Control Meth Injection, LMS Dyno Meth tune. TSW Nurburgring  with NItto NTO5

black99lightning

Quote from: TimmyATL on September 06, 2014, 04:34:59 PM
Just a thought. I have seen a common factor with SHO owners that are not pleased with there track times. And its the 2.77 final drive ratio. Those of us with the 13 and up PP have a 3.16 which will make a decent difference. When it was colder in April I had a 1/8 mile times of 8.25, 8.22 and my last run of the night the car hook up good and did a 8.17. With just a LMS 93 V8 tune. Just some food for thought.

No doubt the PP cars are going to be quicker.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

FoMoCoSHO

By the end of the quarter, I doubt there is any difference to be had. As the power ramps up, the 2.77 will have less issues with wheelspin giving it the advantage.

BiGMaC

Quote from: black99lightning on September 06, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

Just FYI..... Dave's 1/8 in a '12 non-PP SHO are 8.0-8.07.... LMS tune, DPs, Airaid, but not other performance mods and street tires.... Don't have a DA on those times ....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHO-TYM

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 06, 2014, 06:25:36 PM
Quote from: black99lightning on September 06, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

Just FYI..... Dave's 1/8 in a '12 non-PP SHO are 8.0-8.07.... LMS tune, DPs, Airaid, but not other performance mods and street tires.... Don't have a DA on those times ....
I will see what I get next time. I am waiting until 60 degree weather. I am running LMS 4+X with airaid, 3 bar, and new catless downpipes.  I know I will be running better times next time
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

My 2011 non pp was pulling consistent 8.2's on LME 4++ tune....added 3 bar and they're 8.1's
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

That temp change will make wonders compared to those 80 degree temps you ran in

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
I'd say I'll be in the upper 7s with the mods I have now
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on September 06, 2014, 07:07:36 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 06:38:57 PM
I'd say I'll be in the upper 7s with the mods I have now
I like those thoughts!

FoMoCoSHO

If you haven't modded your AIRAID, you'll be quicker with the OEM intake.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 06, 2014, 07:44:26 PM
If you haven't modded your AIRAID, you'll be quicker with the OEM intake.
Working on the mod now. Trying to figure out the best way to keep it from looking ugly.
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup