• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

**Help with brake and rotor removal.

Started by SHO-TYM, August 26, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 26, 2014, 05:29:32 PM
Those things look AWESOME!
This is the kit ordered from amazon... shipped to my door for free in 2 business days, and the total for all for was $260 cheaper than EBC website
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

ZSHO

Looks great on there SHO-TYM,the extra effort paid off.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

LET THE BRAKE IN PERIOD BEGIN!!!!! I'm so jealous my rear set is on back order!!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHO-TYM

Quote from: peppelepugh on August 26, 2014, 07:08:45 PM
LET THE BRAKE IN PERIOD BEGIN!!!!! I'm so jealous my rear set is on back order!!!!!
I am going to have to remember not to brake hard for a while. I haven't tackled the back yet, as I am really sick today... so being home from work without a wife or kid at home equals car time until I ran out of energy.... glad the front are done though. ... tomorrow is the back ones hopefully!
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

elund126

Just making sure you saw my past about the rear calipers......didn't want you to have the same dilemma as today!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SHO-TYM

Quote from: elund126 on August 26, 2014, 07:22:51 PM
Just making sure you saw my past about the rear calipers......didn't want you to have the same dilemma as today!!
I did see it. I am going to call around to see if I can rent one from somewhere close by..... thank you 1000 tomes over for the heads up.... nothing worse than getting that far into something, and realizing you don't have everything
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Does anyone else see an issue here? I didn't notice it until I got back from my test drive.... the new rotors and pads don't seem to match. The pad doesn't touch all of the rotor.... it misses about half an inch from the hub out.... I looked at my rotors after I went for a test drive and there was only a portion of the rotor being used..... it's like the pad is too small or something. Can anyone explain this?
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Came across this picture.... looks like they shipped me Performance Package pads for my non PP car..... the top pads in the pic are non pp, and the bottom are pp..... so I have the pp pads on my car, but they don't touch the whole rotor..... the non PP pads will touch the whole rotor, which to me seems like that would be better.... right? More contact, more stopping power?
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

^^ Anybody know if this is going to cause any issues in the future?  I know the rotor will wear uneven for sure, so I will never be able to use non PP pads... right?
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

I don't think it should cause uneven rotor wear. Looks like the PP have the top portion out for maybe heat release? But enough pad hitting before that arch out at top to cause even wear.

Edit: opposite^^^oops
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

donky4444

My EBC set up is the same as yours and I have had no issues with it.  How are the new pads shaped compared to the stockers you took off?
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHO-TYM

Quote from: donky4444 on August 27, 2014, 11:25:34 AM
My EBC set up is the same as yours and I have had no issues with it.  How are the new pads shaped compared to the stockers you took off?
They are shaped completly different. The PP pads I received have a curve to them, and the stocks don't really have that curve... in this pic, the top ones are for the non pp SHO. the bottom is for PP SHO. much different shape. Not a huge issue... they stop fine with no funky stuff
Road & Track Article