• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Escape ST

Started by kstylez, June 13, 2013, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

You guys don't seem very impressed with the leather seats (overall)...I'm surprised the leather in our Explorer (of course it is an o4) are pretty supportive and comfortable, as were the ones in our 02....and they have held up rather well.  The driver's seat is showing some wear, but it's now got almost 100K and lots of use on it.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

double c

The leather is probably fine.  It is the size/bolstering/support/comfort on long haul that maybe an issue.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

StrawHatShinobi

We just picked at a 2013 Escape for my wife's DD.  We had one for a rental when we were down in FL earlier this year and I was pretty impressed with it.  We had a FWD and saw 28ish MPG throughout the trip.  This one is AWD and so far it's been in the 24 range.  I love the trans, shifting is so smooth and the dang thing is quiet.  I still wouldn't give the twins up for it though, lol.
We went camping this weekend and towed a small trailer and 4 wheeler home for one of our friends.  It did well with it, didn't seem to notice it was back there. 
So far we've tinted the windows and taillights, will probably get rid of the chrome on the sides as well. 
Definitely will tune it if and when SCT comes out with their stuff and a few other things.  One thing for sure is the floor mats need replaced, those stockers S U C K!
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

mval

red:
Yes love our Escape as well. That 2.0L is a quick engine carrying around 3400#'s. For the first time since I can remember I don't mind being seen in my wife's car. I even convinced my wife & that's a job that the floormats had to go. That berber look just didn't work & they are way little. I went with weathertek front & rear. Worked great except the passenger front needed a little help to keep it from slipping around. They just didn't make it tall enough. Drivers side & back where perfect just like the ones that I put on my SHO.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

StrawHatShinobi

I'll have to look into some Weather Teks,  these just won't cut it when the snow flies.  She came from a Lexus IS, so I didn't mind being seen in it, but I think this thing drives nicer honestly. Hell my FX4 drives nicer than that Lexus did.  Don't get me wrong it was a nice car it just wasn't what I expected when we bought one.
So since this is the same motor as the Focus ST will some of the bolt-ons work for it, I would like to hear a little turbo whistle from it.

-Justin
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

mval

Justin:
I would think so, but have vowed not to touch it to keep her out of the Kia she wanted. Anyway went to dinner last night & car in front was not going fast enough for her usual light foot & she blew by it. Told her she "Turboed Them" & got a smile & thank you for getting her to go with it. I may have created a monster, the next thing she'll want to drive my SHO.NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler

StrawHatShinobi

That's funny we actually test drove a Kia the day before I convinced her to try the Escape for herself. She likes the turbo for sure, actually you should have seen her face when I let her drive the truck when I put the SoCal tune on, she liked it before but if I remember right, "holy s*** this things fast" were the words that came out of her mouth that night. I doubt a turbo upgrade is in the future, but a tune and a few bolt ons may be.

mval

Ok-found a negative on the 2.0L. To check the tranny fluid you have to have the dealer do it, i.e. no dip stick. Anybody figure a way around this?
Only reason i checked was my 2002 Stratus threw a tranny last week. Only 69K mile on it,but have to remember it's really a rice burner underneath the Dodge body.. But immediately started checking rest of cars. Which brings up another question on the SHO, anybody with the Airaid CAI done anything to make it easier to check tranny fluid besides removing whole unit?
Thanks
MikeV

double c

Back from Florida on first trip with Escape.  Nice vehicle for the long haul.  Liked the way it handled/ride comfort/road noise.  All positive.  Tires tend to sing on different surfaces-but not intrusive.  Never faltered at cruising speed-mostly 75 on I-95.  Turning a little over 2000 RPM at that speed and was able to still accelerate easily. Engine never felt/sounded buzzy or strained. Overall trip was 2200 mile at 26 mpg.  Used only 93 octane.  About same as the SHO on the same trip.  Had enough room and good driving position. As passenger, room comfort was good-not up to SHO-but was fine for trip.  Did not feel tired or stiff after 12 hours on road.
No ACC like SHO-but cancel/resume cruise is very easy with a wheel mounted paddle-at about the 9:00 position.  Very easy to flip in and out of cruise. 

Liked the lift gate-very easy to access cargo-an advantage over trunk on SHO.  Seemed to be about same cargo volume.  Everything fit easily.

All in all it was a fine vehicle for the trip.  Nice to have options-next time perhaps the SHO will go.

Now to see how it is with tailgating.  Won't be the Tahoe.  May have to be more selective-cut out a chair in order to take the right amount of beer-which is never enough.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

mval

double:
That's a nice test for your Escape. my wife mainly drives it around town & get around 20 mph, but & I had to almost hogtie her into getting now is thrilled to death with it as well as many of her friends who have ridden with her. She sold one last month a friend of hers was going to buy an Outback & ended up w/ an Escape.
As you mentioned the lift gate is great. For anyone not needing the size of an Explorer, this a great little SUV & that 2.0L really has some pop, I can see why Ford sells a good amount of Focus ST's for young crowd.  It  got to be real quick in a lighter car.
Mike V

281Thunder

My wife decided a few weeks back that she wanted something a little cheaper and easier to maintain that her '11 A4, so she traded it in, and picked up a nice lightly used '13 Escape 2.0EB/AWD. Pretty highly optioned with Kodiak Brown and black leather. The color is pretty amazing in the right lighting. Trying my best to get a tune and intake in it. :)
2011 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: 281Thunder on March 18, 2014, 06:01:11 PM
My wife decided a few weeks back that she wanted something a little cheaper and easier to maintain that her '11 A4, so she traded it in, and picked up a nice lightly used '13 Escape 2.0EB/AWD. Pretty highly optioned with Kodiak Brown and black leather. The color is pretty amazing in the right lighting. Trying my best to get a tune and intake in it. :)

Way Cool!  Another two EB family!  What fun you guys will have....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Congratz on the baby EB!  Pics?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

281Thunder

Quote from: SHOdded on March 18, 2014, 07:21:34 PM
Congratz on the baby EB!  Pics?

Waiting for winter to be quite over with. We cleaned it up this past weekend, but snow yesterday has it nasty again. Need some good weather so the sun can really make the color pop.
2011 SHO