• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

To you lighting guys out there

Started by Txstrmhntr, March 19, 2014, 09:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txstrmhntr

Since I've spent the last three days in my garage working on my car, the mod bug has bit me hard. I was looking at my puddle lamps, even went as far as taking one out and breaking it down to look at the internals.

Since I have built several LED lighting setups for my aquariums (2 Freshwater Planted Tanks, and 1 salt water Reef Tank). I am thinking about attempting a project to change my puddle lamps to a 3 or 5W LED (Probably in Royal Blue since thats what I am running the ambient lighting at) and a custom overlay on the lenses so that SHO is shadowed on the ground when its illuminated.

I will keep you guys informed on how it goes, I ordered spare puddle lamps to play so waiting for them to arrive.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

BiGMaC

Cool!  There are a couple of how-to's... I'm sure there's one on the puddle lights.   I did the same thing matching my fav ambient color..... Your SHO is gonna rock!  :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Definitely interested in the process and the outcome.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!