• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Escape ST

Started by kstylez, June 13, 2013, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kstylez

I asked for an Escape Ecoboost section, as there was previously not one here.

It has been aptly named the Escape ST area.

In reality, no such ST model exists in the Escape lineup, but I strongly feel the 2.0 Ecoboost deserves/can pull off the moniker.

As of last week, we've added this 2013 Escape ST fwd with 2.0 Ecoboost to the stable.

We drove an AWD as well, and while it's a cool feature and nice to have, we really wont be using it for anything remotely off roadish (have several "real" body on frame 4wds for that).  The additional weight (and cost!!!), was noticeable performance wise as well.

Must say - this thing RIPS!!!  Doesnt hardly feel off from our 2013 Focus ST.  Truthfully, it shouldn't.  The ST should weigh in at 3300, this one is around 3450-3500 from what I gather.  The 6spd auto in this one is marvelous - I'm absolutely a "row your own" fella, but the shifts are crisp, fast and efficient.  I'll bet this is a case were an auto version actually would trump a manual at the strip (though no manual escape 2.0 turbo is available).  There arent many humans that can shift this fast, and in a turbo car, keeping the boost at full song really pays off.  Power wise it's rated at 240, whereas the Focus is stated at 252.  Torque figures are stated at an identical 270. 

Can't wait to get this to the strip to see what surprises she can pull off.  Another online car rag tested a loaded out Titanium edition with awd at 14.9.  I have to say this thing oughta run a low 14 if that's true, which puts it squarely in the same zone as the Focus ST. 

So far we've added what I feel is the requisite ST badge to the rear, and our Massive billet oil cap.

Next will be an intake system (this will most likely be developed and then come to market shortly there after) and an axle back exhaust system (again - for sale soon).  Then a tune and possibly test out our adjustable waste gate actuator. 

We are certainly researching wheel options as well.  Needs bigger rollers to fill out these huge wheel wells.  5x108 bolt pattern definitely kinda sucks...  May redrill the hubs, as spacers would poke out most any wheel setup a tad to much.    Would love some 19" factory GT500 wheels on this thing.  Kinda "make our own" Escape ST as Ford might have made it.  Then again the Focus RS MK2 Euro 19"s in 5x108 will be available from FR in about 3 weeks....  those would be hot as well.

All in all this is an excellent vehicle, and with a an unreal purchase price of ~24K, an unbeatable deal. 

So far with only 500 miles on the clock she's returning 28mpg in mixed use.  My jaw is still on the floor.

SHOdded

Welcome!  Nice to have another enthusiast on board, and look forward to the mods you may research/implement :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

I as well have a new Escape 2.0L & KST is right, it's a real quick SUV. I call it my SHO's little brother. My wife really doesn't know how quick it is, she's just ga, ga over the extended sun roof
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

EcoBrick Bob

My Ford retired Exec friend has a red 1.6 turbo Escape... Nice vehicle for a family!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

double c

Just purchased a Titanium 2.0.  Will be wife's daily driver.  I am using the excuse of having to break it in while she is at work.  Nice vehicle-replacement for her 2003 Tahoe-which she loved.
Will be interested in seeing the mods.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

bpd1151

Man that's great to both hear & see.....

I saw a commercial recently for that fully retractable glass roof feature....

Very, VERY sharp :bow:

Makes me want one on my SHO.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mval

Mike:
That's the feature that sold it to my wife. Makes it close to convertible. Even when closed it's neat. But for her NO MODS ALLOWED!! Anyway kept her out of a KIA.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler

Needmoreboost

Nice Escape turbo.  Great little suv's.  Have Torrie at Unleashed throw a tune on that thing.  Scare your friends.  Lol
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

double c

Quote from: Needmoreboost on July 30, 2013, 06:51:12 PM
Nice Escape turbo.  Great little suv's.  Have Torrie at Unleashed throw a tune on that thing.  Scare your friends.  Lol

First I have seen/heard re tune for 2.0EB.  Hmmmm!!!

mjhpadi

Quote from: double c on July 30, 2013, 01:50:57 PM
Just purchased a Titanium 2.0.  Will be wife's daily driver.  I am using the excuse of having to break it in while she is at work.  Nice vehicle-replacement for her 2003 Tahoe-which she loved.
Will be interested in seeing the mods.
How about a few photos of it.  Would love to check it out.  I'm afraid we'll be in the market soon to replace the '04 Explorer.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mval

Mark:
Love our Escape, but ours is a 1 yr wonder. Ford did away w/ the SEL model. Don't ask my why.It was several K lower in cost than Titanium, but had following features my wife wanted. Leather seats, full panorama roof, my touch w/nav, & what I wanted 2.0L. This car is very quick. My wife has had 5 women in it, so big enough. The only things that I might say remotely as minuses. If you get the light interior you will need to get some new floormats. The light berber ones look bad within a couple weeks. She's trying to decide to replace w/ Lloyd carpet w/darker color or like what I have in my SHO weathertek. Only negative of weatherteck, they are slippery but do they work,  I put up with slippery to get the max protection & fit that weathertek does.. On the leather seats, if you are expecting them to be like your SHO, they won't be. Not near as comfortable, but still OK. The SHO spoils us. Mileage is probably less than what they say. Right now about 20 around town, but that's with a light foot. Mark any other questions just ask. When I was looking, I ruled out foreign so that left GM & Ford, as Chrysler didn't have anything & was looking for reasons to by Ford & found enough to convince her. The Kia, Hundai, & Honda are real close to it but like I said steered her away from import. One other plus insurance on a 4 cyl is less than a 6, nice surprise!
MikeV

double c

Mark;

Will post some picts as soon as I can get it away from wife-and if it is not raining.

Second MVAL comments.  I haven't driven it but about 12 miles (less than 100 thus far)-but it is a nice competent vehicle.  All bells and whistles except towing package.  Figured power liftgate would see more use.  Have ordered Weathertek mats/cargo liner.  Don't think it will have same comfort level as the SHO over a long drive. Seats not as big/supportive/cooled,  shorter wheelbase, lighter etc... but we will try it in Sept.  Sure won't be a snowmobile like the Tahoe-but if it gets that bad I can stay in.

Like MVAL, considered several other-but wife is short-needs to be careful in getting behind wheel to get airbag distance.  Power Pedals are way to go as in Tahoe/SHO-but now hard to find in anything under 50K. Fit became first priority.  Looked at foreign-only Subaru had a turbo that I would consider-Forester. Nice vehicle-great vision-adaptive cruise (not in Escape) and very very quick-60 times about 6.3.  Just quirky tho-CVT, styling, interior, 2014 and more money.

So we Escaped.

Right about the SEL being dropped, but SE can be had with all the goodies. probably more to load it up than a loaded Titanium.

Aways good to have choices.

mval

Mark:
& I'm not sure double needs it but a great item it has is that it keeps 3 seat & outside mirrors positons in memory & we have my daughter who uses it also. I know the Subaru got high marks on the crash test from my wife but we have just a few dealers & like to stay mainstream & at this time USA if I could. Never had a Subaru ever. So not drawn to it. Seats are heated though not cooled but it's not a SHO Like double said on a longer drive it was a unanimous vote, we took the SHO. As far as color. We ended up with the Frosted Glass metallic. It's a throwback to the 60-70's turqouise. I like, but liked the fact it had the 2.0 but women love it, my wife has got lots of comments from her friends & it's way different.

double c

Wife finally relented and allowed me to be driver 2.  Will be no 3-unless I need a second position. And so much easier to set than working off key fob.

EcoPowerParts

I updated the name to Escape Ecoboost :)
If you guys want me to change it back I will.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts