• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

any interest in dash kits?

Started by Quikv6, August 20, 2014, 09:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quikv6

Just wondering if there is any interest in carbon fiber, brushed aluminium, or colored dash kits. They have a wide assortment of colors as well. I am looking into pricing with a few different companies.  There are kits with wheel inserts as well as kits with complete wheel covers. Check it out
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.
2015 Roush Mustang VMP supercharged 750RWHP
2019 Ranger Lifted Mini Mall Crawler also Tuned by Torrie

AndyMan04

the install on those pics look very very precise :thumb:
I wouldn't mind a genuine fit in real carbon fiber... but i know sometimes that the kits are %100 accurate in measurements which would be a bummer if you see something not aligned correctly. Otherwise awesome look.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

TSS

I got a B&I kit because it was the best real wood match for the real Olive Ash that came with the car. The dash, door, and wheel are factory. I added the center console wood. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: AndyMan04 on August 20, 2014, 01:08:12 PM
the install on those pics look very very precise :thumb:
I wouldn't mind a genuine fit in real carbon fiber... but i know sometimes that the kits are %100 accurate in measurements which would be a bummer if you see something not aligned correctly. Otherwise awesome look.

That could be done, I've been making a bunch of carbon fiber parts lately. Unfortunately, you'll have to disassemble the pieces and actually have the pieces wrapped in the carbon fiber and not just a overlay.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

panther427

I have thought about doing this.
2013 SHO

SHO-Time

"Piano Black" steering wheel surround would be nice to match the center counsel.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

Quikv6

Ok guys and gals so far B&I got back to me and said 10 kits will get us a 20% discount. This brings the 13+ SHO 40 piece real carbon fiber kit to 231.84 and the 10-12 SHO 32 piece real carbon fiber kit 194.88. I'm not quite convinced that this is the best we can do yet so I will work on it some more. But we are going to need more interest as well.
2013 SHO +PP Custom dual feed intake, 160 t-stat, SW catless DP's, Hot pipes, Turbosmart BOV,  3bar & Snow Performance stage 3 methanol TUNED BY TORRIE Megan coilovers, Staggered wheels and tires.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Quikv6 on August 22, 2014, 07:20:11 AM
Ok guys and gals so far B&I got back to me and said 10 kits will get us a 20% discount. This brings the 13+ SHO 40 piece real carbon fiber kit to 231.84 and the 10-12 SHO 32 piece real carbon fiber kit 194.88. I'm not quite convinced that this is the best we can do yet so I will work on it some more. But we are going to need more interest as well.
That's not to bad of a price. Has sparked my interest.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Would they do a mix and match on the discount?  Not just SHOs, but MKS, F150 etc?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Quikv6

Yes they will. As long as it is 10 kits they don't care what car it is for. This is the first forum I belong to that joins different models of car owners together. Forgive me for just mentioning the SHO. I will still be working with different vendors on this as well. I was in the business about ten years ago and lost a few of my contacts but I seem to be building new ones. If you need a price a specific vehicle let me know. 

SHOdded

For comparison purposes:

This link will take you to the carid site where you can view the '13 SHO B&I 40 pc kit.  As a comparison, carid is selling for about $290 shipped right now.  There is a coupon code 5REM-DSCNT on dash kits, bringing your cost down to about $275.

AutoAnything is selling this kit for $248, with a 15% discount (AA15), it will come down to $211 shipped, I believe.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dalum

I'm very interested in a kit with one important caveat... it can't be super glossy!

I absolutely loath the piano black plastic in my car.  It scratches if you breath on it and reflections blind me on a consistent basis!

I got some samples of Remin that Carid sells http://www.carid.com/2013-ford-taurus-wood-grain-dash-kits/remin-dash-kit-main-kit-17527736.html and they all (besides bare aluminum) seem to have a glossy epoxy coating. 

I think I like Remin's a/c cover better with the individual buttons cut out than B&I's with just a large rectangle opening blocking less blinding plastic :)
2013 Non-PP SHO

zach_435

did this ever end up happened. interested in the carbon fiber kit
2015 Taurus SHO pp - Megan Coilovers, Ferrada FR1 20x10.5 all the way around, Torrie tune, 3 bar map, Drop in filter
2011 Mustang 5.0 track pack/brembo - 426 whp 420 wtq 12.00 1/4

Quikv6

No i didn't get enough interest. I did end up buying the remin kit from carid. Nice kit but make sure you call and tell them it is the SHO they had to have the manufacturer remake the passenger dash panel for me without the Taurus logo cutout

Scott4957

Ooooo, B&I has a full Prussian Burl kit for the MKS, I have Walnut and always thought it was the only thing the car was missing. I wonder how the quality is and if the pieces replace the ones in the car or if they just lay over the current wood.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned