• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Researching New Brakes

Started by peppelepugh, August 15, 2014, 12:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppelepugh

Ended up going with "PlaceForBrakes" got the Stage 4 set (EBC Slotted with Red Pads) for front and back for around 570. Got the official invoice today and seems that the rear pads are on backorder from the UK. 3 week wait. I also heard the same with EBCRotors if i'm not mistaken also.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

moem1090

I did PowerStop drilled and slotted front and rear rotors and Akebonos for the pads and I love them so far. No noise, excellent braking, no brake dust. PLUS.. they are easier to warranty if there are issues so consider that also. Good luck!
2013 Roush Stage 3: Supercharged & Ready to Go Fast
2010 SHO - Daily: Corsa Cat-Back, Roush CAI, LME Downpipes, LME 3-Bar, LME Thermostat, LME Tune 4+

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: moem1090 on August 20, 2014, 05:53:40 PM
I did PowerStop drilled and slotted front and rear rotors and Akebonos for the pads and I love them so far. No noise, excellent braking, no brake dust. PLUS.. they are easier to warranty if there are issues so consider that also. Good luck!
What year?

I'm considering the Powerstop "Top Cop" package, any specific details on your experience would be appreciated.

Also please update your signature line with the pertinent details of your ride.

Thanks!

shoman04

di-do I LOVE MY POWERSTOP. I got 24kmile out of the Stock brakes and I have 70k now with only 50% pad where.

NEW

POWERSTOP 40K MILES LATER
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SHO-TYM

Quote from: peppelepugh on August 20, 2014, 01:04:18 PM
Ended up going with "PlaceForBrakes" got the Stage 4 set (EBC Slotted with Red Pads) for front and back for around 570. Got the official invoice today and seems that the rear pads are on backorder from the UK. 3 week wait. I also heard the same with EBCRotors if i'm not mistaken also.
Lame! I ordered last Friday from amazon and got everything shipped and to my door Tuesday. EBC slotted rotors and pads front and back. 
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

vernonator

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 21, 2014, 01:02:16 PM
Lame! I ordered last Friday from amazon and got everything shipped and to my door Tuesday. EBC slotted rotors and pads front and back.

Got any links to said Amazon products?
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHO-TYM

I just went to EBC website, and then found which parts went to my car, and then copied and pasted into amazon. I will try and find the links when I get out of work
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

curry67

thats a hell of a deal i might get those myself.

shoman04

Here a good price on the PowerStop at AutoAnything.
http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/schem/powerstop/large/power_stop_brake_kit_front_and_rear.jpg
http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A5870A0A0.aspx
Power Stop Brake Kit

Sample Image

4-Wheel Brake Kit
Our Price:
$367.34 - $380.60 /kit
Sale Price:
$342.54 /kit
Shipping:
Free Shipping
Free Shipping
Part #:
K5582   
$342.54
Turbocharged 3.5L V6, with performance package
ADD TO CART
In Stock - Ships between 08/22/2014 - 08/26/2014
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

ZSHO

AT AutoAnything from my past experience that they would knock of 10-15% off the price if you speak with a representative over the phone at the time of taking you order and verifying fitment to play it safe,PP OR NON PP.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

urgh.... lucky you SHO-TYM!!!! the fronts will be in tuesday, then the back set won't be in till who knows.... DAG NABBIT!!!!! might as well just wait to put em all on at the same time, then i won't have to play the "brake in period game" twice. lol
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

shoman04

Quote from: ZSHO on August 22, 2014, 07:29:17 AM
AT AutoAnything from my past experience that they would knock of 10-15% off the price if you speak with a representative over the phone at the time of taking you order and verifying fitment to play it safe,PP OR NON PP.
My car is a PP but the nonPP BRAKES are the same but for the up-graded pads! The PowerStop are a 1000s time better than the stock PP!!!

ZSHO

They look good on there SHOMAN04,what are the pads semimetallic or ceramic and how about the dust levels,i like the slotted and drilled combo compared to the drilled which are vulnerable to cracking??

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Thats the same setup which i had on my other car,great stopping power and very quiet and very low dust on the ceramic pads,compared to the oem which get dirty after a week of washing them,good choice.