• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Charger Hellcat is Announced - Fastest 4 Door!?!

Started by vinnievis, August 13, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Owner needs to be a pro type driver to pull the #'s touted. Lot o power for some little tires.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on August 14, 2014, 05:40:58 PM
Plus look at it this way, you can either be the red headed step child of ford. Or the crown jewel of dodge. Its just a shame ford obviously doesnt care about the SHO, or they would have tried alot harder. But I guess its a numbers game and market statistics apparently dont trend well for performance sedans.

I would agree with you in the trend, but why does everybody else make at least one really high performance sedan. At least one with 450+ HP? Ford seems to be the only one left that's not making one right now. I do agree with you on the SHO. What the hell happened? It's supposed to be their flagship car? Not so much.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Txstrmhntr

I would love if fords response is to slap the trinity or that rumored voodoo ecoboost v8 into there flagship full size sedan. 600+hp in a family car with a blue oval would have me drooling over it instead. But all signs ive seen are pointing to the next gen SHO getting the 2.7 nano EB
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

ShoBoat

How about one of these? I'm not sure about it's looks. But a 4 door stang would be interesting lol.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-ford-mustang-sedan-would-look-lot
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Txstrmhntr

a US version Falcon would be pretty dang sweet, and a perfect platform for a supercharged/turbo 8. I would have stood inline or camped out at the ford house for a Falcon. And a 4dr mustang would be very Falcon like....
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

ShoBoat

SHOdded

The Fusion is most of the way there.  They just need to give it some get-up-n-go.  Fusion ST, if you will.  Something to succeed the Contour SVT!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AndyMan04

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on August 14, 2014, 06:00:09 PM
I would love if fords response is to slap the trinity or that rumored voodoo ecoboost v8 into there flagship full size sedan. 600+hp in a family car with a blue oval would have me drooling over it instead. But all signs ive seen are pointing to the next gen SHO getting the 2.7 nano EB

ahhhhh yes... I've heard that rumor too about fords 4.0L v8 TT engine that is supposedly going to be used in the F250 line ups. Considering that the 3.5L makes 365 hp... I would only assume  .5L higher would only make somewhere in the mid 400hps. 440hp at best...  :disgust:
if we are lucky that would go into the new SHO and compete against the Audi S6.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

AndyMan04

Quote from: SHOdded on August 14, 2014, 06:41:06 PM
The Fusion is most of the way there.  They just need to give it some get-up-n-go.  Fusion ST, if you will.  Something to succeed the Contour SVT!

the contour SVT was awesome!!! :thumb: I had a '01 Mecury Cougar and got alot of performance parts from the SVT contour. You know, SVT did develop the SHO build so i'm sure they have already presented a beastful 4 door sedan build idea to ford HQ and sure it was shot down for who knows what reasons.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOdded

I still see the European version of the Contour on Midsomer Murders, think of the SvT in silver with a perforated blue/black interior every time (showroom) :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

poker got's it right awd is really special unless you live someplace you don't need it. chrysler & GM liked it so much they put it in their chargers as an option & of course the caddie xts. the interested thing which my friend with the r/t charger & i are going to attempt with bs of p measure is front wheel dominance versus rear wheel dominance. I got to believe front wheel will be better in wet weather. all i know is my tuned challenger r/t is flat out scary on a wet road & i can't imagine a hellcat on it. if you got loads of dough a great 2nd car, but for year around drivablitlity & comfort sho is a winner. too bad ford & aftermarket have treated us with such distain
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOnUup

Have a buddy who works at Chrysler here in Michigan, and he said there's "rumors" of this engine only being a 2 year build.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

It would be a great car to daily drive if you live in the desert. I need awd. I had to drive the stang in a half inch of snow and it was the worst driving experience of my life. Absolutely terrible.

I wish there were more awd sedans out there. Only one that's close to the sho price wise is a 335i xdrive.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

EcoPowerParts

It's not anywhere near the fastest Sedan - this thing (I just found out about it today) is a KILLER!
http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--RS-7-Drag-Racing.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJCULa2Lus
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ShoBoat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 15, 2014, 10:25:03 AM
It's not anywhere near the fastest Sedan - this thing (I just found out about it today) is a KILLER!
http://www.dragtimes.com/Audi--RS-7-Drag-Racing.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yJCULa2Lus

Funny I saw one of those on the road today. But it's also  $110k if I had the money I just might buy one ;)