• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Charger Hellcat is Announced - Fastest 4 Door!?!

Started by vinnievis, August 13, 2014, 02:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoman04

I think the grill looks ugly, but the hood looks great!!! As for the 700hp sedan bpd1151 just Dyno a up-grade 3.5tt EB at 617AWHP!!!!!! Way more than 707hp at the fly wheel!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlzbNAvhrI&feature=youtu.be.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

PokerMunkee

Think he's $65k into his SHO?  Probably.  Lol
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

It will be interesting to see what comes out down the road from both domestic and import. I think 5-600 hp is a perfect ammount. Just want companies to lighten and refine the cars and not just throw power at it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

AndyMan04

and Dodge just stated that this car did a 11.0 flat quarter mile with factory tires... faster than the challenger Hellcat.... somehow  :o
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

vernonator

Quote from: AndyMan04 on August 14, 2014, 07:17:22 AM
and Dodge just stated that this car did a 11.0 flat quarter mile with factory tires... faster than the challenger Hellcat.... somehow  :o

Its not a Dodge...It's a Fiat...and THAT is why I would not buy one. Who knows where that company will be in 3-5yrs, Fiat was on its deathbed when they acquired Chrysler (with Gov help), and their financials are not all that much better now. Stick with a company that had the brains to prep for financial issues.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

FiatChryslerDodge...I'm getting confused...lol
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Local news just missed the specs by saying it goes 0-100 in 13 seconds...oops
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mval

as a loyal 40yr mopar fan, until they took the bailout & closed our plant in st. louis, & luckily got me into a sho, a truly amazing car combining luxury w/great performance instead of a charger or a challenger, let me say that fiat has amazed me that they have not screwed chrsyler up. the hellcat has allowed me to pickup from my friend his low mileage '09 challenger r/t as my new daily driver, so he can get in line for the hellcat, & keep the sho for show purposes during the summer, but will drive it when roads are wet, rear wheel drive just doesn't cut it. i have a gripe with ford, my opinion, for basically abandoning the sho since '12 in all advertising thus really making our sho a test car for the f150 & explorer, their real money makers. that being said i have a real good basis for comparison. driveability, comfort, interior quality, cost of insurance hands down the sho. sportiness & sound the challenger, nothing beats a V-8 sound. would i take a hellcat if someone gave it to me sure, but really chrsyler has except for the engine changed the body very little since '09. but ford's supposed move to shorten the taurus, which would not allow the 3.5 TT to fit & replace w/ the 2.7 made my decision to get my friends challenger easy as would not want the new sho, so spread the miles out on 2 cars made a lot of sense to me. just my opinion.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Txstrmhntr

Sorry guys, but as soon as the dealer has one of these, i think the SHO is going to be on the used car side of my local dodge dealer... I just cant see myself passing this one up. The charger looks amazing, its 4 door and I cant imagine what a cai/pulley/tune is going to net on this thing. Its almost everything I wish i could have in the SHO
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

Txstrmhntr

I think ill even go as far as getting a personalized plate "SHOKLR"  :rofl2:
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Txstrmhntr

J/k about the plates... no one would know what it means :lol: but as far as brand loyalty goes I have none. I am loyal to speed and power. whomever tops that list gets my vote. If we get a true fuel system upgrade before I get to the dealership things maybe different. Alas I do not foresee that happening though :(
OLD

Txstrmhntr

Plus look at it this way, you can either be the red headed step child of ford. Or the crown jewel of dodge. Its just a shame ford obviously doesnt care about the SHO, or they would have tried alot harder. But I guess its a numbers game and market statistics apparently dont trend well for performance sedans.
OLD

PokerMunkee

I still like my AWD.

I bet a modified SHO would still beat or keep up with a Hellcat on the street until 60mph or so.  From a roll or a well prepped strip, fuggitaboutit. Or if the owner loses his red key...

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4