• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Slow Torque App Times

Started by SHO-TYM, August 12, 2014, 10:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scap99

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 12, 2014, 11:28:32 PM
Quote from: scap99 on August 12, 2014, 11:24:42 PM
Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 12, 2014, 11:20:58 PM
Quote from: scap99 on August 12, 2014, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 12, 2014, 10:27:48 PM
I just took my car for a spin after reflashing my ECU with the LMS 4+X tune after a recent trip to my dealership, and I decided to record my run with the Torque app.... times seem to be a full second off in every category.... just thought I'd see what you all thought, and if there is a better program out there to do the recording. Here is a screen shot.

Are you using the obdlink mx dongle?  It's supposed to be one of the fastest.

Another option is an aeroforce gauge.

I am using that dongle.... but still something is off..... I am not expecting it to be 100% right.... but off by a full second seems like it is pointless to even have this feature in an app.... it is good for monitoring Temps and such. I had dynolicious on my old iphone..... but made the switch.... maybe when my wife upgrades her phone I'll take her iPhone 5 and just use it as a car tool!

There's a setting for faster read time in the pro version.
Not sure if you're running pro or the free version...

Sweet! I'll have to try that in the morning to see if I get any different readings. Thanks for the heads up

Sho-thing! ;)

SHOnUup

X2 on that heads up...seems the "faster communication" would be an auto checked box in a perfect world.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 12, 2014, 11:27:12 PM
Silly how app stores are different still. Do the apps actually make people's decision on phone choice?
I could see myself leaning towards a certain phone that has certain apps.... or just pick up a tablet on whichever platform you want for your car stuff
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Never was an iPhone fan myself. Thankfully torque was android.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 12, 2014, 11:30:11 PM
X2 on that heads up...seems the "faster communication" would be an auto checked box in a perfect world.
That faster communication is between the MX and your device. It has nothing to do with giving you faster 0 to 60 or lower 1/4 mile. I love Torque Pro but I agree that my displayed results though displayed quickly enough to resemble real time, are not accurate. Thankfully the engine readings seem very accurate.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on August 13, 2014, 08:06:41 AM

That faster communication is between the MX and your device. It has nothing to do with giving you faster 0 to 60 or lower 1/4 mile. I love Torque Pro but I agree that my displayed results though displayed quickly enough to resemble real time, are not accurate. Thankfully the engine readings seem very accurate.
Have you checked your mph on torque vs mph your car is reading? Think this could help on 0-60 times but as for the 1/8 or 1/4 I think it's a GPS problem with speed in relaying distance traveled.

ecoboostsho

I use that check box and still get widely varying times with Torque for 0-60 and 1/4 mile.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ecoboostsho on August 13, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
I use that check box and still get widely varying times with Torque for 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

I guess it was worth a shot..... I guess the best way to test it is the track.... but can't always make it up there.... I'd like to run Torque while at the track for 3-5 passes, and see what the average difference is, and that way we would know how "off" torque is.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

If anything that 0-60 is a relative value to car, tablet, and adapter to at least judge your premium launch points. If it's consistent that is?

vernonator

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 12, 2014, 10:59:11 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on August 12, 2014, 10:56:09 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on August 12, 2014, 10:43:50 PM
I would not use torque for times...it is too slow in my experience. I haven't found anything better yet. Someone mentioned dash command but I think that is iPhone iPad only...

OMFG! Try dynolicious!

Sorry I am pretty sure I have suggested it before. I have used it, and it's pretty accurate. They even did a vid on that garage show, can't remember the name now. But they did compare it to actual Dyno and 1/4 track results and it was really close like 0.01 close. and 10 HP close.
Is that an iPhone thing too?
Yes it is....so no go for 60% of users (thats androids market cap now....suck it apple)
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

If at any point the torque 0-60 is making you feel down, just pull up next to a newer Charger, Challenger, Camaro, or Stang that's willing. Depression solved...lol

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 13, 2014, 08:56:39 AM
If at any point the torque 0-60 is making you feel down, just pull up next to a newer Charger, Challenger, Camaro, or Stang that's willing. Depression solved...lol

I may have to go "fishing" after work today and see if I can solve this depression I have..... :)
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Tried adjusting mph gauge in torque and went from reading 2 mph slow to 2 mph fast. Looks like the tenth change in this is 4 mph difference. Will see if it accepts a change into the hundredths next time.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 13, 2014, 09:07:42 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 13, 2014, 08:56:39 AM

I may have to go "fishing" after work today and see if I can solve this depression I have..... :)
Good luck

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 13, 2014, 08:18:13 AM
Quote from: Larrylu on August 13, 2014, 08:06:41 AM

Have you checked your mph on torque vs mph your car is reading? Think this could help on 0-60 times but as for the 1/8 or 1/4 I think it's a GPS problem with speed in relaying distance traveled.
I think the GPS is a real good theory. My MPH is good on Torque compared to car speedo. I think I remember seeing where you could choose GPS speed, or car speed. If GPS speed is used in the canned formula as in 0 to 60, that could account for a slower result.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro