• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO. A 400whp grocery getter.

Started by diponyou, August 02, 2014, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

diponyou

The car sat at the dealer for 6 hours before finally I called. The service guy told me the foreman took it for a drive but couldn't get it to replicate the symptoms.

I tried holding back my anger. How do you let a car sit that long before telling the owner. They want me to give him a ride tomorrow to replicate what I was feeling.
2011 SHO 89k on the clock. Air raid intake.
Soon to come-Tune, plugs, tstat, springs, exhaust.
In that order.

diponyou

Well I wrote one of only maybe 3 negative reviews I've ever written. That experience with Ford was unbelievable. But I digress.

I think I am going to throw the tune back in and make sure I have tc off and let the trans learn for a little while. I know without a shadow of a doubt that the transmission is acting funny but I'm running out of ideas. I really can't even drive it to its full potential because it just shutters and won't shift properly.

If I continue to keep having issues I'll try another dealer.
In that order.

SHOdded

Did you take a drive with the foreman?  They probably drove it with kid gloves on.  Try to replicate the conditions exactly, ambient, warmed up/warming up etc.

This may not be the problem, but easy to check for chaffed knock sensor wiring:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,554.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

diponyou

I drove the service writer and some tech around. Not the foreman.

I got it to replicate the problems. Harsh downshifts. Not shifting and skipping around. The tech immediately said "misfire".
I politely disagreed but he didn't like that. He said it was probably spark plugs. I informed him I changed them out. He then said it was probably carbon tracks in the boots.

Anyways I checked the knock sensors wires and they were good.
In that order.

diponyou

Ok so I finally have some good news to report.

Installed the tune this morning and just cruised around for a little while without really getting on it. After a little bit of that I got on it at a few different speeds and it didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

I think I am going to do my thermostat tonight and do some datalogging.

I have to say I am pretty impressed with the power. I am sure once its fine tuned it will be even better.

In that order.

SHOdded

All right, about time!  Fingers crossed!

SHOnUup

Quote from: diponyou on August 14, 2014, 07:21:16 PM
Ok so I finally have some good news to report.

Installed the tune this morning and just cruised around for a little while without really getting on it. After a little bit of that I got on it at a few different speeds and it didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

I think I am going to do my thermostat tonight and do some datalogging.

I have to say I am pretty impressed with the power. I am sure once its fine tuned it will be even better.
Sounds promising! !!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

diponyou

Ok so here's an update. I swapped in the 170 tstat and took her for a drive.

I noticed it doing the same hesitation thing it was doing before.

I gave it the beans from a stop and before I even changed gears it was chugging and acting like it was either flooded or something. Just fell on its face until I let out of it.

Knock sensor wires are good. New 534 plugs at .30.
91 Oct from chevron.
Traction control off.
In that order.

PokerMunkee

Are you near Phoenix?   If so,  ask 4DRHTRD if he recommends a shop or dealer. 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

There are a couple of TSBs that may fit the bill:
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=176597
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=180543

Transmission Range Selector or Valve Body modification.

Alternate possibility is the TSS/OSS sensor combo.

PCM calibration up to date?  If you do get an update at the dealer, with a new strategy code, get your tune updated as well.

diponyou

Well that is an awesome call on the strategy code. I honestly did not even think of that.

And today for the first time it did that slipping thing in first then jerking into gear. Couldn't replicate it though.

I got an updated tune from torrie for the 170 and 3bar, this thing is definitely a different beast from stock.

In that order.