• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO. A 400whp grocery getter.

Started by diponyou, August 02, 2014, 04:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diponyou

That's the plan. I was just going to order some oem shocks but was looking into getting the PP shocks.
Not sure if they take lowering better or not.
2011 SHO 89k on the clock. Air raid intake.
Soon to come-Tune, plugs, tstat, springs, exhaust.
In that order.

diponyou

changed the plugs out today. It was a lot easier than expected.

Also the 3bar showed up. Now I just need the tstat and tuner.

I noticed this and wondered what it was for...

In that order.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

diponyou

No need for inspection here. The letters look like Tx
Wondering if that's when the PTU was replaced.
In that order.

diponyou

Almost forgot.

Here are the plugs that came out of it.

And this little braze weld job doesn't look factory to me but I could be totally wrong.

In that order.

SHOdded

Plugs look ok to me, other than for gap.  This was a weld off the HPFP?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: diponyou on August 07, 2014, 05:17:57 AM
Almost forgot.

Here are the plugs that came out of it.

And this little braze weld job doesn't look factory to me but I could be totally wrong.

I agree with Manu... Plugs look fine except gap is large. They appear to be Champion, so have been changed once before.
That braze is definitely NOT OEM. Looks like fuel line... Can't tell for sure in the tight shot.... Gotta wonder about it. Ford houses usually replace parts like tubing, not repair them.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

diponyou

Yeah you'd think on a newer car they would replace the darn thing.
Now you gotta wonder how well its done and when that's going to go. Looks like a car fire waiting to happen.
In that order.

diponyou

Well I'm at a stand still until my transmission is fixed. Having the same issue that most had with it not shifting and weird downshifts.

I decided to dip the wheels in anthracite. I love it.

It goes to the dealer on Monday. Let's hope my warranty covers it.
In that order.

FoMoCoSHO

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

diponyou

Thanks guys. It came out great. I think they should have come this color from the factory.

Just needs some lowering springs or coilovers now.
In that order.

SHOdded

Luckily, we know someone who can get us a good price on coilovers ... hmmmm ... :D

The OEM wheel color MAY have matched better with a white paint scheme, MAYBE.

diponyou

Well with me luck ladies. SHO goes under the knife tomorrow and let's hope my 3rd party warranty covers it.
In that order.