• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElvenSho

2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

ElvenSho

bpd1151

I forgot what size I ordered it's been so long.

Go measure it, geez. Lol.

I could, or I could dig up my old receipt, but about zero motivation to do either at this moment.

Sorry. But hey, It's an excuse for you to go raise your hood & get intimate with your ride I suppose.

ElvenSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 05, 2014, 11:07:43 PM
I forgot what size I ordered it's been so long.

Go measure it, geez. Lol.

I could, or I could dig up my old receipt, but about zero motivation to do either at this moment.

Sorry. But hey, It's an excuse for you to go raise your hood & get intimate with your ride I suppose.
Lol ur right!

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ElvenSho

Got the front bov done last night. Sounds cool, not sure If I will keep it off or not. Might try to take the 2nd one off and see if I like it even more when loud. I just hate knowing I will have to put it all back together if I have to have warranty work done.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ElvenSho on October 07, 2014, 03:45:46 PM
Got the front bov done last night. Sounds cool, not sure If I will keep it off or not. Might try to take the 2nd one off and see if I like it even more when loud. I just hate knowing I will have to put it all back together if I have to have warranty work done.
It's not that bad. Ive taken mine off about 5 times now. Once you get what ever your warranty work is done you shouldn't have to be at the dealer all the time. It's worth it just for the looks you get from people.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

mrpositraction

I just did mine and it isn't loud at all I did both of them and left the hose in the back. Unhooked from the intake tube if course. The F150s are much louder.

Sent from my iPhone using ecoboost power

wasinger3000

Quote from: mrpositraction on October 07, 2014, 10:17:57 PM
I just did mine and it isn't loud at all I did both of them and left the hose in the back. Unhooked from the intake tube if course. The F150s are much louder.

Agreed. I have to try and listen for mine. No radio at all and low speeds to hear it.

All I want is the sound of a TT lambo when I drive around. Is that to much to adk?!? Hah

mrpositraction

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 08, 2014, 11:58:35 AM
Quote from: mrpositraction on October 07, 2014, 10:17:57 PM

Agreed. I have to try and listen for mine. No radio at all and low speeds to hear it.

All I want is the sound of a TT lambo when I drive around. Is that to much to adk?!? Hah

Not at all!

jkeblaitis

My blow off valves are super loud ?.. i considered hooking one of them back up
2013 SHO, PP, tuxedo black, Airaid cai, LMS 3bar 93 V8 tune, Corsa black tip exhaust

mrpositraction

Are you running the hose on the rear still?  Maybe that is it. I have them both disconnected but left the hose attaches to the rear bypass valve.

Josephm

I took both of mine off, and do not consider them to be super loud. If there is any music, you can not hear it.

My kids call it an elephant sneeze
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

mrpositraction

Quote from: Josephm on October 08, 2014, 08:04:36 PM
I took both of mine off, and do not consider them to be super loud. If there is any music, you can not hear it.

My kids call it an elephant sneeze

I took my rear hose completely off last night to see if it made a difference......I forgot that I did it this morning and now thinking back to the drive in I didn't hear any difference.

I am also stock right now and also have the Sound Screen windshield (not sure if that makes a difference)

One thing I noticed and was disappointed to see that at only 3000 miles the recirc hoses off the bypass valves had a nice coat of oil on them already.  Looks like a catch can is in my near future.