• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

so do you need 3/4" or 1" caps for this? I've seen both, and want to make sure I order what will work best. The 3/4" O'Reilly and NAPA have in stock, the 1" I have to order online.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ZSHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on June 05, 2017, 04:27:42 PM
so do you need 3/4" or 1" caps for this? I've seen both, and want to make sure I order what will work best. The 3/4" O'Reilly and NAPA have in stock, the 1" I have to order online.
1 INCH
https://www.mcmaster.com/#84735k117/=15hfmg9
I think Derfdog has some left over. IDK. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7164.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Took a vid today because I realized I never posted one of mine off. Enjoy!

ftp://! No longer available
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Quote from: ZSHO on June 10, 2017, 08:21:58 AM
@FearlessAZ sounds Nice! fixed the above video for ya. Z  :)

Thank you! Couldn't figure out how to post it in like that.

The 15 psi sounds a lot better in person though  ;D
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

Mase

I know this thread is older than time but I just got done reading the whole thing and have a couple questions. First, I noticed some people are running SSQV in place of factory BOV...curious why and how they did it? Second, like some others have indicated, my SHO vents sometimes under light acceleration. This is a bit frustrating as I am pretty sure it should not be. I am wondering if I didn't hurt something when I originally did the mod because I blocked off the BOV and returns accidentally. This made that very cool sounding surge but pretty sure its horrible for the car! How can I confirm that my BOV's are ok and if they are not how can I/should I go about replacing? Thanks for any help you can offer!
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP // V10 93 Livernois Tuned // 3bar MAP // Windstorm CAI // Evenflow 160° T-stat // H&R Springs // Drive Bright DRL kit & Puddle lights

ZSHO

Quote from: Mase on June 17, 2017, 06:28:51 PM
I know this thread is older than time but I just got done reading the whole thing and have a couple questions. First, I noticed some people are running SSQV in place of factory BOV...curious why and how they did it? Second, like some others have indicated, my SHO vents sometimes under light acceleration. This is a bit frustrating as I am pretty sure it should not be. I am wondering if I didn't hurt something when I originally did the mod because I blocked off the BOV and returns accidentally. This made that very cool sounding surge but pretty sure its horrible for the car! How can I confirm that my BOV's are ok and if they are not how can I/should I go about replacing? Thanks for any help you can offer!
Welcome there Mase!!  Do you have any pics to share?  It sounds like your wastegate hose is loose or popped off!!
Is there any noticeable decrease in performance?
Due setup in INTRO when you have a chance,thanks. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Mase

Quote from: ZSHO on June 17, 2017, 06:38:14 PM
Quote from: Mase on June 17, 2017, 06:28:51 PM
Welcome there Mase!!  Do you have any pics to share?  It sounds like your wastegate hose is loose or popped off!!
Is there any noticeable decrease in performance?
Due setup in INTRO when you have a chance,thanks. Z
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Thanks Z. I do have pics to share and have been trying to setup intro. For some reason everytime I submit I get a blank white screen and it never makes it in LOL
There definetely is no change in performance based on the venting noise. However, the venting is quite loud. It only does it when I am lightly on the throttle. If I push more it goes quiet and holds the pressure.
2016 Shadow Black SHO non-PP // V10 93 Livernois Tuned // 3bar MAP // Windstorm CAI // Evenflow 160° T-stat // H&R Springs // Drive Bright DRL kit & Puddle lights

Mase

Can someone help me identify the wastegate hose? It's entirely possible it is loose or popped off.

In regards to the aftermarket BOV...do folks do this just for sound? In the past I have run Turbo XS RFL, and HKS SSQV in my cars.

ZSHO

Tial BOV. Z

Wastegate hose high-lighted in RED.

Mase

Wow...them pipes are sexy! And that Direct port injection...very impressive. I just got done working with Jason at Livernois about that...just cannot afford all that with as little knowledge and support I have in this area LOL

Curious why and how you went with the Tial? What kind of pipes are those? VERY nice!

ZSHO

Quote from: Mase on June 17, 2017, 07:38:31 PM
Wow...them pipes are sexy! And that Direct port injection...very impressive. I just got done working with Jason at Livernois about that...just cannot afford all that with as little knowledge and support I have in this area LOL

Curious why and how you went with the Tial? What kind of pipes are those? VERY nice!
Mike.B is da man if your interested. Z
PPE Hotpipes.
http://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=22

SHOdded

I know for sure LME does not recommend BOVs.  They really are for sound, though some would argue it also prevents crud from reentering the system.  Definitely check the small hoses atop the manifold tho.  A lot of them are not clamped, so they can come loose sometimes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mase

Pulled the airbox out tonight to do the thermostat. While I was operating I checked all hoses/lines and all appear secure. Really at a loss what could be causing it to vent only under light load. I have thought for the longest time it was just a symptom of an automatic car but it seems more and more like I might have hurt the BOV(s) when I fudged the capping of all four nipples...Thanks for sharing that link. Those hard pipes are very sexy but very costly. I may have to wait on them until a rainy day!