• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopolZ

here's a dark video of my turbo whine, annoying exhaust and bov sound.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

bnoon

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on May 09, 2013, 03:01:44 PM
With your nitrous system you might get that extra HP, but my MCT temps running 75% methanol went below outside temp, so not sure how much cooler one could go with liquid IC, unless the liquid would be at a temp much below ambient.  Guess one could cool it with A/C system..

Biggest thing I've had with previois air/water was less pressure drop across the core.

EcoBrick Bob

Biggest issue at the strip is heat sink, especially when you sit for an hour between runs in a stop and go linei.  Would a water cooled intercooler help this?  My MCT temps do start to rise again when I'm above 90 mph but they never came close to the starting MCT temp, even when I was making back to back runs. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bnoon

Yeah time to heat soak is a LOT longer on air to water than air to air. There were times in the winter where my boost temps were below iat after a 20 minute drive to work in my MS3.

EcoPowerParts

If you go with an interior 1 gallon+ resevior it makes even more difference as the hot water goes into the resevior and is replaced with cooler water.
I'm looking forward to that portion of my build once I finish these fuel upgrades.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bnoon

EcoPowerParts

Optional part # if you want to add filtering to your BoV
I believe these will work, will need to measure but tomorrow I'll be at a wrestling tourney from 6am until 9pm so it'll have to be Sunday:
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=62-1370
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bnoon

Yeah I have found several of those. The 1 inch ones will fit snug since that flange is 1 and an 1\8 inch in size. The nipple on the inlet side is 1 inch I believe.

EcoBrick Bob

I bought something similar at local Auto store for the front valve cover (breather).  After 15K, it was gooey with oil.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Added some part #'s and pictures of updated 1" silicone covers for intake tube.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

adelsin

You know... Ive never heard my PFFFTTT or my whines for that matter. I've seen torque as high as 13psi boost. Not sure if thats total or per turbo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

FracaSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on June 26, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

BOV are officially VTA!  They sound a lot better in person than on a video. And thanks for the great find. Especially great for me since my company has an account at McMaster and they deliver to us. I'm not feeling the red though. I might try plasti dipping them black. Will update if and when I do.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
MyCal LMS Stage 3
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: FracaSHO on March 29, 2014, 10:10:49 PM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on June 26, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

BOV are officially VTA!  They sound a lot better in person than on a video. And thanks for the great find. Especially great for me since my company has an account at McMaster and they deliver to us. I'm not feeling the red though. I might try plasti dipping them black. Will update if and when I do.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
MyCal LMS Stage 3
Sent from my iPhone
I used them too, but I'm with you... what's up with the red... Do you think plastidip will take the heat?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

I've been VTA for about a year now, but now that I'm tuned it sounds completely different. Sometimes its a ppsshhh sound but now its almost like a  whistle. Like in this video.
Unleashed Tuning's 2010 SHO Turbo BOV: http://youtu.be/v4Nz2MeLA1E

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+firm shift+boost
more to come.....
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

DJE624

I could hear them with the Unleashed tune even when they were still tied in.