• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: Mase on June 17, 2017, 09:31:53 PM
Really at a loss what could be causing it to vent only under light load. I have thought for the longest time it was just a symptom of an automatic car but it seems more and more like I might have hurt the BOV(s) when I fudged the capping of all four nipples...

My XSport does this occasionally as well. It's particularly noticeable when using cruise control up a light grade. It seems that the BOV noise coincides with the controller reducing throttle, which makes sense. If I wasn't VTA, I probably wouldn't ever notice it (no noise).

I put the breather filters on my BOVs and that muted the sound some for the light load blow off events, and made it substantially less annoying.

I'm not convinced that what you're experiencing is anything other than "normal." :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ZSHO

@- Mase would check the front/rear BOV to see if the Diaphragm is not torn and causing your issues. 2-8mm socket.
I would love to see some pics of the engine. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

mprivi

Quote from: Woody on April 23, 2014, 12:28:38 PM
As another alternative to those interested, I only disconnected from the BOV side and left the intake side of the tubes attached.  I then found the appropriate size "plug", which turned out to be a 1/2" PVC Cap.  I pushed the caps into the tubs and pulled the clamp back up over the caps.  Seems to be working well so far, and should be easier to reattached to stock if I want to for warranty work.
Do you have a pic? Interested in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Ford Flex Titanium TBM

JDW1

So I found these on Amazon that looks like a solution

https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Rubber-Plastic-Tubing/dp/B0742KBV6M/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1505144032&sr=8-16&keywords=1%22+cap

I am curious as to why you couldnt just set up the recirc again if the locations of the BPV's are the same? 

13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.