• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves

Started by EcoPowerParts, May 08, 2013, 03:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

@Colorado-SHOBro have a couple of the K&N vent Filter's in good condition just collecting dust LMK if you want them. BTW For free of course.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on February 16, 2017, 02:59:25 PM
@Colorado-SHOBro have a couple of the K&N Filter in good condition just collecting dust LMK if you want them. BTW For free of course.  Z  :)

If he doesn't want them, I'll buy them off you. I'm curious more than anything. I wouldn't mind muting mine slightly.

My cabin is pretty quiet, so I'm sure they're pretty loud outside, since I have NO problem hearing them inside with the windows up. Haha

Keep us posted on sound effects, Nutz, if you take Z up on his offer! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

honestly i'd probably only want the one as i only have one BOV VTA so more than down to split them with MiWiAu.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

ZSHO

Colorado-SHOBro & MiWiAu will have the items shipped out tomorrow via usps and got you covered,enjoy the filters and keep us updated.  Z :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on February 16, 2017, 06:55:05 PM
Colorado-SHOBro & MiWiAu will have the items shipped out tomorrow via usps and got you covered,enjoy the filters and keep us updated.  Z :)

PM sent, thanks!!!

I got another red one on order from Amazon, so I can update on sound changes ASAP! :)

2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

this classy gentleman . . since you won't accept any payment i'm wishing you 100 good karma points for your generosity. may they be redeemed when you need them most.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 16, 2017, 07:19:33 PM
this classy gentleman . . since you won't accept any payment i'm wishing you 100 good karma points for your generosity. may they be redeemed when you need them most.

+1000. If your email ever leaks I'm sending you some bitcoins. :) In the meantime, please accept an additional 100 karma points!

2013 XSport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: MiWiAu on February 16, 2017, 07:15:28 PM

PM sent, thanks!!!

I got another red one on order from Amazon, so I can update on sound changes ASAP! :)

FYI ordered mine back on 3/14 and could not specify the color of choice, so one came red and one gray so ended up installing the gray one in the back/rear. Z

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on February 17, 2017, 07:10:44 AM
Quote from: MiWiAu on February 16, 2017, 07:15:28 PM

PM sent, thanks!!!

FYI ordered mine back on 3/14 and could not specify the color of choice, so one came red and one gray so ended up installing the gray one in the back. Z

No worries. I'll use whatever shoes up. :)

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on February 16, 2017, 11:41:44 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on February 16, 2017, 11:08:15 AM
FWIW ended up using a K&N vent filter a while back which worked quite well in not letting dirt build up accumulate inside the BOV. Z
K&N 62-1370  21.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029WXTA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
did it change the sound at all? wouldn't mind something to quiet mine down a bit.

AFAIK only having the one BOV VTA contributes to more pressure directed/aimed towards the front of the vehicle which explains why its louder IMO.just my 2 cent.  Z

ZSHO

@MiWiAu. BTW didn't charge you extra for the BMW clamp.LMAO. Enjoy my friend and its always my pleasure to help out. Z

MiWiAu

Quote from: ZSHO on February 17, 2017, 11:48:18 AM
@MiWiAu. BTW didn't charge you extra for the BMW clamp.LMAO. Enjoy my friend andits always my pleasure.  Z

LOL, thanks, Z!!

2013 XSport

ZSHO

Lets get back on Topic and enough of the Mr Nice guy and need to remind the Newb's to setup an intro and all,etc.lol. Z  :P

SHOdded

Discussion on using the breather filters with the BOV mod is continued here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7486

and renamed to
"How-To" Using Breather Filters with BOV VTA Mod
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!