• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed Tuning introduction.

Started by tmcphail, November 06, 2012, 03:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmcphail

I have been using Toyo R888's on all 4 corners and they stick pretty good but even turned up with the upgraded turbo it doesn't hook until third. FWD man you can't get around it. 
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

Needmoreboost

Quote from: tmcphail on July 01, 2013, 06:20:26 PM
I have been using Toyo R888's on all 4 corners and they stick pretty good but even turned up with the upgraded turbo it doesn't hook until third. FWD man you can't get around it.

I can relate to the front drive as I came from a Caliber SRT4 laying down 360/370 whp.  I would spin in third occasionally.  Made a better roll car 60 mph on up it ran like stink.  You had to pull the big brakes off to run slicks.  Then you needed a new clutch...
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

jomc111

Quote from: tmcphail on July 01, 2013, 06:20:26 PM
That right there is part of the reason I  am selling my speed . Highway pulls and instant burnouts below 40 is fun but gets old quick in my opinion.  I dialed it way back to where it was on the edge of hooking and spinning made car more enjoyable to drive
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: tmcphail on July 01, 2013, 06:11:27 PM
All that stuff is chronicled heavily over on the ST Forums and I have a bunch of different items used on my own car listed here :

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/content/view/40/

It's a fun car for what it is but at the end of the day its still FWD and that limits its usefulness once you crank up the power in it. I actually think its a lot more fun and better balanced car slightly modified then more heavily modified but to each his own.
Torrie, help us get the Focus guys over HERE!!!! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

tmcphail

Yeah we are all on the same page here.

Agreed Mike.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer