• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So,... Challenger Hellcat...

Started by AndyMan04, July 24, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

Quote from: Silkysmooth02 on July 28, 2014, 11:53:08 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 10:14:59 AM
My buddy owns a 2012 white on black that still only has 20k on it. Stored winters and mint still, looks sweet!!! He drove it to work for 2nd time this year last week and a guy with big truck rubbed his oversized tires on the passenger door that day...ouch

That there is azz-whooping territory.

I take it this is the old 5 speed?  Is the new ZF 8 speed the automatic in the Hellcat?  If the Hellcat's A8 gets installed in all of the 5.7/6.4 cars, should fix that.  Really wish the new Charger R/T kept AWD, love the refresh!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Yes, old 5 speed with paddles. Good news for him. Should've took pic of tire rub (it was bad I thought) as it was wheeled out to perfection.  Guess the monthly waxing payed off on thick layer of protection.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AndyMan04

The charger is getting the same treatment too now.
The 2016 SHO needs the ford SC 5.8L motor thats all. :thumb: ... It'll blow all the AMG's, M's, and RS's out the water.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHOnUup

Quote from: AndyMan04 on July 29, 2014, 07:54:08 AM
The charger is getting the same treatment too now.
The 2016 SHO needs the ford SC 5.8L motor thats all. :thumb: ... It'll blow all the AMG's, M's, and RS's out the water.
700 lbs lighter is a good start on the SHO.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Txstrmhntr

I have a feeling that due to the new engine bay restraints on the extended cd4 platform the new taurus SHO is going to get the 2.7L EB. I think some ford guys once stated the 3.5L EB wouldnt fit in the CD4. So shed 700lbs and lose a third of the displacement :(
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

SHOnUup

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on July 29, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
I have a feeling that due to the new engine bay restraints on the extended cd4 platform the new taurus SHO is going to get the 2.7L EB. I think some ford guys once stated the 3.5L EB wouldnt fit in the CD4. So shed 700lbs and lose a third of the displacement :(
This is unacceptable. ..lol

ShoBoat

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

Makes me think mustang front end with charger lines down the side.

Txstrmhntr

I love that car! If ford ever brought the Falcon to the US I would have waited in line to buy one.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection

SHOdded

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on July 29, 2014, 08:32:12 AM
I believe the Ford Edge Sport is slated to receive the 2.7L EB as well.  Will be interesting if the tuned HP/TQ numbers will be different tho.  As for high displacement high powered engines stock from Ford, even the Mustang and F150 offerings are getting slimmed down.  The Mustang may be the last frontier in that respect.

If not Ford, at least Lincoln should get high end powertrains.  That's all I gots to says.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Txstrmhntr

Seems to be Ford's plan for saving Lincoln. Gimp ford to make Lincoln more attractive.
OLD

PokerMunkee

The next gen SHO needs 450HP+ stock to compete with Dodge and Chevy.  Needs to cut 12.5's from the showroom.  Common' Ford!! 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on July 29, 2014, 10:13:00 AM
Seems to be Ford's plan for saving Lincoln. Gimp ford to make Lincoln more attractive.
Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 29, 2014, 10:15:56 AM
The next gen SHO needs 450HP+ stock to compete with Dodge and Chevy.  Needs to cut 12.5's from the showroom.  Common' Ford!! 
Exactomundo!  Pimpmobile, not wimpmobile.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 29, 2014, 10:15:56 AM

Never going to happen, they don't even advertise the current SHO. Twice in 3 days I had people come up to me and ask "is that a SHO? I didn't know they started making those again". It would conflict with the Stang and MKS. When was the last time Ford made a really high performance sedan? Other than the Falcon which isn't even available to us in North America.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

wasinger3000

Won't happen. I'm not sure what ford thinks of the sho... but it's seems as though its just a taurus with a little extra package.. not much if any love gets pushed our way. If they really wanted to make it a competitive sports sedan it would of been given more than 365 hp from the start. The sho is never advertised, it's like the adopted child that ford won't talk about. Just sits in the corner...

We will be lucky to even get the 3.5 next time... :(
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.