• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

So,... Challenger Hellcat...

Started by AndyMan04, July 24, 2014, 08:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

My buddy owns a 2012 white on black that still only has 20k on it. Stored winters and mint still, looks sweet!!! He drove it to work for 2nd time this year last week and a guy with big truck rubbed his oversized tires on the passenger door that day...ouch
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

No respect, I tell ya, no respect!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mval

just bought my best friends '09 challenger r/t only 22k miles on it & lovingly taken care of, so he get in line for one. it has turned into my dd, as i show my sho @ car shows & it's that time of the year. & yes he's drooling over it. challenger nice looking & all  & he had lots of extra on it, k&n, magnaflow catbacks, diablo 93 intune. positives sport looking & sounding, negatives stiff suspension which lets you know your going fast. the sho even w/my borla cat backs, gives you no idea how fast you are really going until you're way over speed limit & that coming from a 40 yr mopar fan & only recent convert to ford
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

EcoPowerParts

Buy and 11 or 12 CTS-V or ZL-1, save some $$ and run 10's for $5K in mods...
I'll be in the 9's with my V for approximately $15K k in mods here shortly and be able to cut under 3 second 0-60 on the streets soon.
I like the Hellcat but at $60K I say no way, there's other more proven platforms out there and the Hellcat can't compare to my Caddy for comfort/ride etc. :)
Maybe wait 2 years and buy for $45K....
Bad thing about jumping on a brand new platform, you get to wait while they figure out the mods and possibly guinea pig them yourself. Buying the established LSA makes it a piece of cake to go FAST!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

kinder

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 24, 2014, 11:26:53 AM

Bad thing about jumping on a brand new platform, you get to wait while they figure out the mods and possibly guinea pig them yourself. Buying the established LSA makes it a piece of cake to go FAST!

But some people like to have the new 'shiny' when it's new and exclusive. ;) They may not make many or even do more than a 1-2yr run. I recall the Ram SRT10.... came and went fast in more ways than one. :) Less than 10,000 sold. Rare and sought after now.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

IHeartGroceries

The Hellcat is getting a little ridiculous. There's got to be a threshold somewhere, when even the biggest auto enthusiast begins to question, when is it just too much...
It IS quite admirable. But, it's just getting excessive for something on public roadways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Like kinder said, probably fall into the realm of collectibility.  That's where I see the real value.  Even the autobahn is not quite limitfree anymore, so maybe try your luck in Italy?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SRT82ECOBOOST

I'll be in the 9's with my V for approximately $15K k in mods here shortly and be able to cut under 3 second 0-60 on the streets soon.
I like the Hellcat but at $60K I say no way, there's other more proven platforms out there and the Hellcat can't compare to my Caddy for comfort/ride etc. :)
But for those folks that want a bad ass car and keep all of that juicy warranty it is tough to beat this setup for performance numbers, looks and overall street cred.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHOnUup

skippytx

I think people who buy a hellcat are people that don't want to mod their car.   I'm pretty much over modding cars, I'm at the point where I just want to buy the car from the factory the way I want it.   I wouldn't buy a Mustang and then add a supercharger, I would just get a supercharged Mustang from the get go.  Not worth the hassle anymore as life priorities changed.  Besides, a modder would probably pick up an SRT-8 then slap a twin turbo kit on it... I've seen those put down insane numbers.

The Hellcat is going to be a great car for guys who just want a weekend car to cruise around in and go to the dragstrip and go fast.  I can't see anyone seriously driving one of these as a DD, even though you could.  The majority of them will be toys for well off older guys.
2013 Taurus SHO -His
2017 Explorer Sport - Hers

PokerMunkee

Too bad no fast American AWD sedans.  Just the SHO/MKS and XTS V-Sport.   Not sure if the 300C AWD is going to live, unlike the Charger R/T AWD that was axed.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHO-Time

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 25, 2014, 02:12:26 PM
Too bad no fast American AWD sedans.  Just the SHO/MKS and XTS V-Sport.   Not sure if the 300C AWD is going to live, unlike the Charger R/T AWD that was axed.

SRT8 Jeep...although it's not a sedan.

Dodge will also be coming out with a refreshed Dart SRT in 2016-17 which will be turbo AWD as well as a AWD CUV with the SRT treatment. I don't believe there is a nameplate for the CUV yet.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

PokerMunkee

Yeah, too bad GCSRT8 is only SUV as well.  I had a '06 TBSS back in the day that was fun but much prefer a sedan.

I wish Dodge would bring back the Magnum AWD with the 6.4L.  I'd rock that.  Miss my '06 Magnum R/T AWD. 

Ford needs to put the 3.5EB in a Fusion AWD!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHO-Time

Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 25, 2014, 02:25:13 PM
Yeah, too bad GCSRT8 is only SUV as well.  I had a '06 TBSS back in the day that was fun but much prefer a sedan.

I wish Dodge would bring back the Magnum AWD with the 6.4L.  I'd rock that.  Miss my '06 Magnum R/T AWD. 

Ford needs to put the 3.5EB in a Fusion AWD!

There's definitely not many cool AWD sedans. I think you can get the Buick GS in turbo AWD, but it's pretty weak. GM should have made the new SS AWD, but let's face it, GM is stupid and they're always late to the party. My mother-in-law has a 08 Trailblazer SS AWD and I love that thing. The interior screams Pontiac, but the engine and exhaust note are awesome.
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*