• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tail of the Dragon Trip

Started by SHO-TYM, July 23, 2014, 06:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Big congrats on the child. Have 2 myself and are the best things (tamed me down) that ever happened to me. Stay safe and have fun. Will definitely want a tour in the SHO'S when down that way!!!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

AndyMan04

very familar with the tail of the dragon... sadley they have claimed many lives as well.
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: AndyMan04 on July 24, 2014, 08:09:00 AM
very familar with the tail of the dragon... sadley they have claimed many lives as well.

It is unforutunate, but these folks need to come to this road with respect and brains.... if you don't know the road, then don't try and hang with the people that do.  You WILL crash.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

With that many tight turns brakes heating up has to be an issue as you make your way through too I'd think.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 24, 2014, 11:05:29 AM
With that many tight turns brakes heating up has to be an issue as you make your way through too I'd think.
I scared myself a couple times yesterday in the SHO..... these brakes SUCK under heavy braking. the car could have gone faster... but the brakes couldn't keep up. I had to back way off my pace. Brakes on my bike don't get too squishy.... but they do soften up quite a bit.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

ZSHO

Have you ever checked your brake pads? .and also your brake fuid reservoir,sometimes spongy brake feeling is caused by old brake fluid,would flush it out and add some new Motorcraft high performnce dot 4 brake fluid,or may need to bleed the system,by the way congrats on the baby,LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ZSHO on July 24, 2014, 02:48:46 PM
Have you ever checked your brake pads? .and also your brake fuid reservoir,sometimes spongy brake feeling is caused by old brake fluid,would flush it out and add some new Motorcraft high performnce dot 4 brake fluid,or may need to bleed the system,LOL.
Might be something I need to look into.... honestly I was going into a left hander and wanted to get on the brakes, and I had to put it to the floor, and it was still not stopping.... that was after about 10 minutes (275 turns) later.. . So I knew they were getting REALLY hot.
Road & Track Article

SHOdded

What you really need is brake cooling ducts ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOdded on July 24, 2014, 03:36:09 PM
What you really need is brake cooling ducts ;)
I'll start cutting up the bumper and fender right now! Thanks for the advice!! :P
Road & Track Article

SHOdded

Quote from: SHO-TYM on July 24, 2014, 04:09:23 PM
I'll start cutting up the bumper and fender right now! Thanks for the advice!! :P
Just to help you along http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,521.0.html LOL
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

I just buy a bag of ice and strap em to the struts!!!;D

SHOnUup

I just put new pads on the front and at high speeds (over a 100, in mexico of course) they don't want to stop very well still. Pedal was stiffer for about 2 days and that is now gone. Will have to address the fluid. 2011 35k, think it needs it?

panther427

If your serious about making it down the dragon I would recommend this

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/flex-/-sho/kits-23/
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

That's a serious set of brakes at $4700.

SHOnUup