• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU TSB

Started by Sinister-CO, July 22, 2014, 03:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: crash712us on July 23, 2014, 07:59:21 AM
Oil on top of PTU is most Likely from vent. And is caused by being over filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What would cause my PTU to be 8 ounces low? Not all 8 ounces could have made it threw the vent seeing as how the oil on top of my PTU is only a 4" spot.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

crash712us

Just was basing it on other TSB's where fluid was losses thru the vent.

How did you determine that you where 8oz's low? That's half of what's in there. Just asking cause the last time I checked no one had been successful in change their selves and the dealers wouldn't touch it.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHO-TYM

Quote from: crash712us on July 23, 2014, 09:40:58 AM
Just was basing it on other TSB's where fluid was losses thru the vent.

How did you determine that you where 8oz's low? That's half of what's in there. Just asking cause the last time I checked no one had been successful in change their selves and the dealers wouldn't touch it.

Here ya go! :) http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3360.msg50317.html#msg50317

2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

crash712us

Ok well apparently wasinger has 2010-12 or 13+ non-Pp car. I very well versed in changing PTU fluid as I have done 3 times already. I never get more then 10 to 12oz's out of it. And I have no leaks, or is it slugged up. Been changing fluid every 6mos since it's replacement. so I wouldn't necessarily say your low. If you basing it on fluid recovered. Also difficult to properly follow thread from phone case you can't see folks sigs to find out which vehicle they are discussing.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOnUup

I pulled 13-14 oz out of mine and got 13-14 back in. Had noticeable leaking down side where drain is from the top. Only holds 18 oz so I'm confused on how that 4 oz difference actual made it down the side.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

wasinger is 2013 sho nonPP
SHO-TYM is 2011 sho nonPP
SHOnUup is 2011 sho nonPP
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Quote from: crash712us on July 23, 2014, 10:10:32 AM
Ok well apparently wasinger has 2010-12 or 13+ non-Pp car. I very well versed in changing PTU fluid as I have done 3 times already. I never get more then 10 to 12oz's out of it. And I have no leaks, or is it slugged up. Been changing fluid every 6mos since it's replacement. so I wouldn't necessarily say your low. If you basing it on fluid recovered. Also difficult to properly follow thread from phone case you can't see folks sigs to find out which vehicle they are discussing.

I have a 13 non PP. What I did was suck all the fluid out of my PTU. I know I pulled all of it out because I put an inspection camera inside and was able to see the bottom of the case. I spun the wheels 3 rotations let it sit for 30 min then pulled the little puddle that was left out. The total amount I got out was ~10 ounces.

I think my PTU was not filled from the factory OR it had the hose come off before I bought the car (used with 16k) and had the tsb performed to fix the hose but they did not refill the PTU.  (Most probable scenario)
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.