• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU TSB

Started by Sinister-CO, July 22, 2014, 03:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Forgive my inability to figure out what the hell FTP stands for.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jmr061

Quote from: jmr061 on July 19, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
FTP:71.89.39.226:29440
User : Taurus Club
Pass : 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From another thread we both participated in
Jason
16 Edge Sport

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 22, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
Forgive my inability to figure out what the hell FTP stands for.
File transfer protocol

wasinger3000

Found it! Thanks for the help. After looking it over I don't see a vent tube in the diagrams. Most likely not included in the diagram to reduce confusion. It is very interesting to see they want you to remove and fill fluid 3 times after rotating the wheels 3 full turns. This process was only mentioned for the non PP cars. Most likely because they know it's over heated.
A cooler should have been included on all sho's.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

jmr061

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 22, 2014, 11:04:18 PM
Found it! Thanks for the help. After looking it over I don't see a vent tube in the diagrams. Most likely not included in the diagram to reduce confusion. It is very interesting to see they want you to remove and fill fluid 3 times after rotating the wheels 3 full turns. This process was only mentioned for the non PP cars. Most likely because they know it's over heated.

You didn't go into the tsb folder.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

wasinger3000

Quote from: jmr061 on July 22, 2014, 11:06:23 PM

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 22, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

You didn't go into the tsb folder.

Ahh Nuts...

wasinger3000

Excellent! Found it  right along side the #3 cylinder. Thanks for the help!

wasinger3000

Just looked at it. My PTU has oil all over the top of it. That explains my low fluid level.

jmr061

I would look at all the tsbs.  That's why I put them on there.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

wasinger3000

The hose isn't loose but there is still oil there. It's not fresh oil. Or its just leaking very slowly. Only thing I can think of is the fitting that's on top of the PTU is cracked or something.

Sometimes I wish I had never looked into doing anything to this car.... hah. It's like they just want the PTU to grenade. Do they like paying to fix eveything!?!?

SHOdded

Blame it on "global" manufacturing :D  I think the designs are good, but when the bean counters get to it ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

Oil on top of PTU is most Likely from vent. And is caused by being over filled.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Wilson

Quote from: Josephm on July 22, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
No flex? How is that possible?

Flex doesn't have an option for a PTU cooling system as far as I know. This only affects vehicles that have one, so the non Performance Package SHO is not included either.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHO-TYM

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what do we need to do about getting this looked at by the dealer?  Is this something that is covered by factory warranty?  Or should we just change the fluid ourselves? What actions do we take?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

Brucelinc

Quote from: SHO-TYM on July 23, 2014, 09:01:29 AM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what do we need to do about getting this looked at by the dealer?  Is this something that is covered by factory warranty?  Or should we just change the fluid ourselves? What actions do we take?

It appears that this service message only applies to SHOs with the performance package so I don't think there is any action you could take regarding this specific message.