• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gear/transmission whine 3rd+ gear...2013 SHO

Started by maansman, July 20, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maansman

So.....when my car goes from 2nd to 3rd, I hear a whine coming from the front.  Sometimes, if I ride 2nd right before it goes to 3rd...I can let the sound go somewhat continuous until it drops to 3rd.  It's odd....my SHO only has 3,800 miles...had the noise since almost day 1....but it's getting more noticeable (then again, it could be just me focusing too much on it)..I had the noise before my custom tune....but I think it's more noticeable with it...

I saw some posts online that Mustangs with a shorter gear ratio have a whine....my car has the performance pack..could this something?  I don't know....drives me crazy sometimes....

Any ideas?

Thanks , Mark
2013 Taurus SHO
Ruby Red Tricoat, Performance Pkg, Mayan Grey Suede

mval

mark:
i had tranny issues, but not a whine so i'm not sure this will help. mine would basically pause on a down shift. first they ran a tsb but that only made matters worst. finally got a tech to ride with me, never threw a code. turned out to be a tranny sensor issue, the main one being the speed turbine sensor. they replaced that & another sensor & condition complete went away.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

PokerMunkee

Don't have that on my '13 PP.  Flash it back to stock and take it to the dealer.  You can duplicate it all the time?  Should be easy for the tech to fix it then.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

ShoBoat

Same here no whine. 13 with PP. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

maansman

Thanks everyone....you know, I don't even know if the sound is a 'whine'......if you exhale with voice like your tired...that is what it sounds like..that's the best I could describe it...lol. 
2013 Taurus SHO
Ruby Red Tricoat, Performance Pkg, Mayan Grey Suede

Simonsays

I know this post is old, but hoping the OP might be able to report what was wrong or fixed. I have this exact symptom on 10 mks eb, and was told "its normal noise". Not buying it.