• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU fluid change frustration

Started by ecoboostsho, July 17, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

I don't see any leak. Have you managed to get any oil out yet?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

That hole would be easier to work with if there was some hair around it...lol
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

SHOnUup

Very slow. About to cut hoses to size and see if that helps...maybe 4oz so far.

SHOnUup

Doesn't help having to hold cable guys hand through his job. Maybe he'd like to crawl under the SHO.

Brucelinc

While doing this with everything hot might invite burned fingers but the lube would probably flow better. 

SHOnUup

It's cold...tempted to just get a bendy straw and suck this crap out...maybe 6 oz and slowly counting...at a point where I'm just filling lines then pulling it out and emptying lines....patience is required for this task....to the guys who did it in 15 minutes, I salute you...at this point it might be the 1 finger salute

SHOnUup

After cutting length of tubes on siphon pump I have slow drip...small battle just won

SHOnUup

Still dripping. At 10 oz in jar and maybe an oz on the pavement

wasinger3000

More than I managed to get out lol. Mine was low to begin with.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Final tally is 12 oz in jar and 1-2 oz spillage.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 18, 2014, 02:40:29 PM
More than I managed to get out lol. Mine was low to begin with.
I know you posted miles at change before but I can't recall?

wasinger3000