• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU fluid change frustration

Started by ecoboostsho, July 17, 2014, 11:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Bought same exact cheap little pump...8 ounces and a steady drip current situation. We have hope.

Fluid looks beat up too

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Which fluid had you used last time, Rich?  Isn't it a bit early for it to give up?  Looking forward to pics :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Royal purple...checked it prior to opening day for Milan Dragway and it looked pretty good for color. Looks completely black now.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Aren't their products supposed to change color once put into operation?  Purple color gives way to black/honey whatever the base fluid is supposed to be?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 03, 2015, 11:51:12 AM
Same hose I had success with last year. Small diameter rubber hose. It's definitely getting in there. I can remove and wipe clean, then get another 3" of fluid on it each time.

Rich
More than likely a pump issue then
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

Haha...Murphys Law...yup, soon as I started to pump fluid back in, pump breaks...ha

Rich

SHOdded

Wow, you are having a time with it!!!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on June 03, 2015, 02:48:10 PM
Wow, you are having a time with it!!!
As usual...lol

Pulled just over 12 ounces plus maybe 2 in mess. Got 15 back in before it started to ooze back out.

It's done, the hard way this time.

Rich

SHOdded

When is the next checkpoint for your SHO, Rich?

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on June 03, 2015, 05:44:30 PM
When is the next checkpoint for your SHO, Rich?
This one was 17k, going 15k interval next.

The little whine I could hear when coming to a stop is gone, again.

Rich

SHOdded

Nice!  BTW, where did you pick up the Amsoil from?  Locally or online or ...

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on June 03, 2015, 09:28:51 PM
Nice!  BTW, where did you pick up the Amsoil from?  Locally or online or ...
I was locally took to the cleaners at Romeo Auto parts. I post pic and get texts of discounts next time. At the arm & a leg price I paid,  still worth it IMO.

Rich

Spenser281

Hear me out on this before you say no way, but have any of you tried using a flush solvent in the PTU, and put the vehicle in drive for a minute or two while on jack stands to help break up the sludge?  And then remove the solvent/old fluid and replace with new fluid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2010 SHO

Work in progress....

Sabtaj1

I'm getting a blown up PTU from the local dealer to figure out about drilling a hole and tapping to put a drain plug in the damn thing.  If I can do it and make it easy I will do a write up.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

bpd1151

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 30, 2015, 01:59:47 AM
I'm getting a blown up PTU from the local dealer to figure out about drilling a hole and tapping to put a drain plug in the damn thing.  If I can do it and make it easy I will do a write up.

It's already been done & a write up as well.

I'll post the link once I get home (unless someone beats me to it).

I have it saved in my favorites tab on the communal laptop on the kitchen island.