• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Let's see your Ecoboosted vehicles!

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 17, 2014, 10:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

14 TUX BL

Thanks!

I researched the net for hours trying to determine how to get rid of hard water spots.

Distilled white vinegar was suggested, but only if the spots were recent. Since I got my car a year old with 27,000 miles, I guessed the spots were embedded in the surface. That called for a wax with a cleaning agent, and a polish if that didn't work. I decided to do both (polish followed by wax with cleaner).

My arms felt like rubber when I was done. lol

Woody

Nice job.  I used to want to detail cars.  Then I got married and had 4 kids.  I've had my MKS for 2 years and I just washed it by hand for the first time. lol

BiGMaC

Quote from: 14 TUX BL on June 24, 2016, 02:25:10 PM
Thanks!

I researched the net for hours trying to determine how to get rid of hard water spots.

Distilled white vinegar was suggested, but only if the spots were recent. Since I got my car a year old with 27,000 miles, I guessed the spots were embedded in the surface. That called for a wax with a cleaning agent, and a polish if that didn't work. I decided to do both (polish followed by wax with cleaner).

My arms felt like rubber when I was done. lol
Car looks great!   Consider a coating (not just sealant) to prevent recurrences and etching from bugs or bird bombs. Most of them are hard enough to prevent spidering and you never have to wax for maximum reflectivity.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

sholxgt

What is a good coating these days?  I used to use Finish First. I liked that you could apply it and leave overnight for best results. Did about 10 coats on my motorcycle 8 years ago and haven't had to do since.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

BiGMaC

Quote from: sholxgt on June 25, 2016, 03:52:39 PM
What is a good coating these days?  I used to use Finish First. I liked that you could apply it and leave overnight for best results. Did about 10 coats on my motorcycle 8 years ago and haven't had to do since.
I had CQuart finest by CarPro put on my car 3 years ago after a 2 stage paint correction. Basically coats the car with a poymerizing Quartz that bonds to the paint... It can only be removed mechanically... Rates a 2 on the MOHs hardness scale.,It still looks like a new car despite being my DD and sitting in the AZ sun. There are a couple of others. CQuart warrants the car finish for 2 years if you have a dealer install... About$250.  Consumer kit is cheaper. Takes about 50cc to put 2 coats on a SHO. I have never waxed. I decontaminate the paint with Iron-X in a foam cannon 2-3 times a year and use reload. No other paint product needed if you go this way... And no jelly arms.

Here's a link to the write up my detail guy posted telling the story, before and after details, and showing how much damage happens to the paint on a new car sitting on the dealer lot:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?60364-Phoenix-Detail-2013-SHO-Taurus-Water-spots-sanding-marks-CQuartz-Finest#BEdcCikxhm4hBXIe.97

Here's the thread here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1496.msg94333.html#msg94333

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

14 TUX BL

Wow, lots of great posts. Thanks guys!

shohard

96 Honda Civic 1.6L Turbo'd 410 WHP 375 WTQ--SOLD
05 Dodge Neon SRT4 2.4L 387 WHP 434 WTQ--Traded in
13 Mazdaspeed 3 2.3L 310 WHP 345 WTQ- (SHITTY CAR)
05 Dodge Caliber SRT4 2.4L 295 WTQ 313 TRQ--Totaled
15 Ford SHO 3.5L 380 WHP 365 WTQ-- BEST CAR YET!!!

Tomc612

2015 Taurus SHO

ilikethayt

2014 SHO (non-PP) Unleashed Tuned

SHOdded

Congrats on the '15, Tomc!  Did you trade in your '10 (with that sweet DIY custom grille), if I may ask?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Tomc612

Hello there SHOdded and Thank you. I traded the 10 in last December for a 15 non pp. I was very amazed how easy it was to customize the 13 and up grille. The grille I have now goes to a Dodge Ram, cut it  to fit grille surround and bolted right in using the stock radiator shroud. Perhaps I can give some tips in the how to section on the part I used?

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J_C

Here's the garage queen next to my daily. Both boosted and fun as hell to drive!
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

ppower

Finally took a better photo, so I thought I'd finally add to the thread. '13 Flex Ltd

SHOdded