• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No 3 inch aftermarket exhaust?

Started by Spoolin-SVT, April 16, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 12:40:37 PM
overkill and will probably hurt performance and be too loud. I didn't even put 3in on my 1968 F100 with a 7.2L :)

2.5 is just fine....

If you do the math, including resistance to flow due to friction with the wall of the pipe, it makes you start thinking about larger single pipes in the central part of the exhaust.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 01, 2014, 01:48:34 PM
Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 12:40:37 PM
overkill and will probably hurt performance and be too loud. I didn't even put 3in on my 1968 F100 with a 7.2L :)

2.5 is just fine....

If you do the math, including resistance to flow due to friction with the wall of the pipe, it makes you start thinking about larger single pipes in the central part of the exhaust.
Another member on this forum mentioned this to me via an exhaust system similar to the GTR's exhaust.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

68_GT

maybe why some early LS engine GM F-body Camaros and T/A's came with single exhaust. Doesn't sound good though :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on May 01, 2014, 02:19:14 PM
maybe why some early LS engine GM F-body Camaros and T/A's came with single exhaust. Doesn't sound good though :)

Agreed!... so spit it at the back to twin tails... The whole exhaust is a giant x-pipe also

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Jtrain

You've got to think of the size of the turbos. These little things aren't punching out enough air to need more than 2.5

I run 3" x2 on my G35 set up, and it's overkill. But the turbos are pretty moderate, and I wanted to be spoolin before 3k

This platform will never have that issue no matter what turbo's someone squeezes in here

PLUS-- there's always cutouts mate.
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

EcoPowerParts

No 3" on these! :)
I made 550 on stock exhaust on Flex with downpipes and 600HP on downpipes with cutout open on stock exhaust with upgraded stock turbos.
Even further clarity on EcoPowerParts CATTED downpipes - can pass emissions and haul ass.... :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Jtrain

2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner