• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Custom Exhaust on a Budget

Started by jayskycj, July 02, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoman04

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 15, 2014, 11:05:52 PM
Has anyone tired this before? http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/ultra-flo-welded-x-mufflers

I like that!!! But they didn't have them in 2011 when I got my x-pipe. I like to know how they change our car sound?
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

wasinger3000

I might get one and try it out.  It's just these v6's sound is so easy to mess up and it's hard to make it sound right so I'm not sure if I want to waste my time on something like that.

For now I think I'm going to have the stock mufflers removed and have a straight pipe installed with the bolt flanges like shoman has. That way if I don't like it I can still have them put a pair of dynomax VA mufflers on or put the stock back on when I want.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

Anyone know who this is on the forum? muffler delete taurus sho: http://youtu.be/w8v5Sw_lTX8
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

No one knows? Hummm. He has to be a local on one of these forums.

glock-coma

I googled his YouTube user name , he was a member of the tbrid, cougar car club forum.  Not sure if he's here or not.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

wasinger3000

ZSHO

The sound of that SHO sounds pretty darn good,if you take consideration that its cold out,car sounds louder in the morning when you start it up cold,also take consideration,where is the guy walking to after he shuts off the car???? garage,maybe,so basically the camera is taping from inside the garade,so the exhaust sound contributes even louder?????just put that into perspective,just my 2 cents thats all.lol

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Yeah I understand it was from a garage and the sound echos. I listened to a few other muffler delete videos and I don't like the low end sound. I just orders a set of pypes m-80's. I think they are the closest sounding to a gtr. Which is what I'm looking for. Next Thursday I'll get a video of it.

ZSHO

Good luck with the install,i had a set of cherry bombs on my other car,my neighbors hated me.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on July 18, 2014, 07:01:26 AM
Good luck with the install,i had a set of cherry bombs on my other car,my neighbors hated me.
No neighbors here. Hah. Nothing will ever be as loud as my mustang. Long tube headers with an o/r x and flow threw exhaust makes for a loud car.

LivernoisMotorsports

THIS EXHAUST SOUNDS INSANE! BEST PART IS, YOU DON'T GET THAT ANNOYING DRONE WHILE CRUISING!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/37uJ2_QVAdo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the embedded link doesn't work use this:
http://youtu.be/37uJ2_QVAdo

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/CORSA-10%2d13-TAURUS-SHO-{47}-MKS-SPORT-CAT%2dBACK-SYSTEM-(4"-TIPS).html

$1384.99!!!!
LIVERNOIS MOTORSPORTS
313 561 5500

SHOnUup

Definitely liking the Corsa!!!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

I don't see how a cat back can Cost 1300. I bought long tube headers, x pipe, midpipes and axle backs for 1500.

SHOnUup

Haven't heard anything as solid as Corsa yet. Pricey it is.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Dynomax has a good sound to it. Check out shoman's set up.