• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible OBDLink MX Issue?

Started by Bigjht, June 22, 2014, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Its not a guaranteed it will happen. Just not recommended...at least by me. I  used to have a cheap adapter and this would happen all the time to me...I would be driving around and the dash lights would literally freak out. Very disconcerting although the car performed fine the whole time. Hasn't happened since I switched to the MX but I suppose its still possible it could be causing everyone issues.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Larrylu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 08, 2014, 11:21:31 AM
Weird, I never have any issues like that. Unplug one device, plug in another....no issues.
Me too!  I Leave mine plugged in all the time but also have had no issues unplugging the my tuner (MyCal) and plugging the MX in with the car running or not. It's never been squirrelly or fussy.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ZSHO

It could be a 2013 PP issue like the wheel hubs LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Bigjht

The issue I was having is on my truck not my SHO.
2013 PP SHO - Airaid CAI, Eibach Springs, Livernois Tune
2013 EB F150 Limited - Stock for Now!

ShoBoat

Quote from: Bigjht on August 08, 2014, 01:15:41 PM
The issue I was having is on my truck not my SHO.

Maybe you have an F150 SHO ;)
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

firewater88

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but searched and found this.
I switched to the MX adapter for my Nexus 7 from a cheap one and now get service Advanced Trac error while torque opens and seems to be polling sensors before it says connected to ECU. Goes away and never comes on once connected. Does not happen all the time and never had it with the cheap one, only issue I had with it was torque would show it as a faulty adapter.
Did anyone figure out the issue with thiers? Bad adapter? Just the way it checks sensors?
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

SHOdded

Did you connect it before the car was started and all the warning lights went out?  Try connecting it just before you are ready to drive away.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

firewater88

Quote from: SHOdded on December 06, 2016, 10:07:17 AM
Did you connect it before the car was started and all the warning lights went out?  Try connecting it just before you are ready to drive away.
It is always plugged in to port. I have the Nexus7 set to power on when car starts and shut down 5min after car off (all through Tasker and switched power) so it gets a fresh boot every time I start car.
AT warning happens once started to drive away but torque hasn't fully connected to ECU yet.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

ecoboostsho

You could try obdfusion and see if that still causes the issue. Would potentially rule out torque Pro..

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

firewater88

2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

firewater88

Running a different app than Torque and I have not had that AT error or any other errors upon startup. Although, it is getting cold and have been remote starting the Flex and by the time I get in, the tablet has booted and connected up already. May try to do a full wipe on Torque and see if it still continues.

Thanks for the advice
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

SHOdded

firewater88

Found the fix for this on the apps forum:

It's an issue with the adapter searching for the protocol when the vehicle is starting the ECUs up and checking comms (should not cause any permanent issues as an ignition reset should clear them)

Go into the vehicle profile, then select the advanced settings and in the protocol selection, choose "Automatic – Fast" as the protocol selection (this will scan for protocols in a different mode that will cause the issue to not happen anymore, though it may work on older vehicles (pre 2004))

Has worked for me since, connects in faster too.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO