• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Add an horse to my stable

Started by BigPelo, June 19, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPelo

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BigPelo

The car is tune with the New snail. We haven't been able to get more than 312 whp because of sensors and injectors problems. But still the car runs great, pushs hard in any gears and isn't too laggy. Now I need to hit the 1/4 to see what it can do.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

JagerBomb

Quote from: BigPelo on June 19, 2014, 11:55:23 AM
Ever since I bought my SHO in 2012, I missed my STi. The sound, rough ride, light weight, manual transmission, no electronic driving aids, etc...

Couple months ago I started looking for older WRX. 2 weeks ago I caved in and got myself an 2002 WRX wagon with a complete swap to JDM STi (EJ207 v7 motor, transmission, diff, brakes, seats, cluster, wheels). Body needs work, everything else is working. Tuning mid-July with a downpipe.

This car is quite different from the SHO, low end torque is non-existent but engine revs up to 8000rpm, it's a manual 6sp, steering is heavy, confort and options are limited: a/c, cruise control and tape cassette player. It completely satisfys my car needs.

Always liked the Sub WRX. The only thing I hate about them is they got beat on hard. Its hard to find ones that weren't abused.

It will be a fun daily driver for sure. I don't even know what a cassette deck is anymore. Lol.
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!