• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

tuning

Started by scoles92, June 16, 2014, 10:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoles92

brand new to the sho world, who do you guys use for tuning? just looking to squeeze some more power out of her for dd. as i said this is my dd so im only going to do a tune, intake, and exhaust.just looking to liven her up a bit and hell if it gets better mpg's thats good too! i already have a diesel truck running 12's so not looking for a racecar!
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

yowen

There is a ton of information on that in this message board. But, some the tuners to look into are Livernois and Unleashed, can't go wrong with either.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

scoles92

ok thanks, i guess I must having trouble navigating the site. ill figure it out soon enough!
2011 ford Taurus SHO PP  unleashed tunes, 3 bar, plugs,K&N intake, stage 3 water meth.

panther427

Ya with just tune and bolt on parts. You could have a 12 second car too.

We need to make a sticky on this topic.
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

scoles92

Quote from: panther427 on June 16, 2014, 10:50:44 AM
Ya with just tune and bolt on parts. You could have a 12 second car too.

We need to make a sticky on this topic.
thats the goal! that way i can haul stuff with my twin turbo 12sec truck and dd my 12sec car!

to be fair though if i didnt have a lift and 35's on the truck it would be a lot faster  :hmm:

scoles92

panther427

What diesel pickup and what did you have done to it
2013 SHO

scoles92

Quote from: panther427 on June 16, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
What diesel pickup and what did you have done to it
I have a duramax.  5" turbo back exhaust, built tranny, custom twin turbo setup with  a billet s483 over stock. Up pipes, manifolds, efi live tuning, lift pump, injectors, etc....

SHOdded

Welcome to the community!  You can make a post introducing yourself here:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Would love to see pics of both your SHO and Duramax, time slips (http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9.0/topicseen.html) even ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Nice mod list did you go with twin cp3 pumps or a worked over single?
2013 SHO