• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 seat covers in a 2011

Started by jtoddk98, June 14, 2014, 12:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Is it possible to put the full leather SHO seat covers from a 2013-2014 SHO in a 2011? My suede seats are starting to show wear and down. I took a look at a new SHO at a dealer with the full leather seats. The seat design looks the same except for the headrest. They should fit, right? My car has the multi contour option fyi. Possible to get them from the ford parts website?
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

crash712us

It seems possible, I know I would have wanted to do this ever since I seen a 13's interior. But I doubt you'll find anyone who has done it. Perhaps the dealer could answer that question, if the foam in the seat has the same part #'s for 2010-2013 it ought to work. Plus I would a good upholstery guy should be able to make them fit properly even if the was some small differences.
The bad news is the cost from looking at the prices on fordparts.com it would cost $3000 possibly even more. Now tasca parts I am sure will be a little cheaper. But for that kind of money, you could have upholsterer just do your car.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Larrylu

Quote from: crash712us on June 14, 2014, 09:46:57 PM
It seems possible, I know I would have wanted to do this ever since I seen a 13's interior. But I doubt you'll find anyone who has done it. Perhaps the dealer could answer that question, if the foam in the seat has the same part #'s for 2010-2013 it ought to work. Plus I would a good upholstery guy should be able to make them fit properly even if the was some small differences.
The bad news is the cost from looking at the prices on fordparts.com it would cost $3000 possibly even more. Now tasca parts I am sure will be a little cheaper. But for that kind of money, you could have upholsterer just do your car.
I agree Ford OEM parts are probably way too expensive, but I think for a one off upholstered by hand....not gonna be cheaper either. Best bet if you really want to make a change, find a Katzkin dealer and order leather made to order in their factory and have your trim shop guy install it. Should be much more reasonable and you can customize quite a bit. Quality is not bad either.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

crash712us

I agree Larry. Just built a kickass custom leather interior online @ leatherseats.com for $1109. Not bad!

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

jtoddk98

Wow. 3 grand for some seat covers? The dealer I go to uses katzkin to put "leather" in the base mustangs. I like the feel of the 2013 Ford seats. The "leather" part of our 2010-2012 seats is a plasticy vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Shonuff1140

Larrylu

Quote from: chad1140 on June 15, 2014, 03:45:07 AM
So Katzskin has em for 1100?
I would say that's a good guess of what they were selling around a few years ago. Pretty competitive market. Mostly selling to car dealers for new car upgrades. Factor how much the shop is adding for profit on the leather and how much is added for installation labor. Shop costs probably are  around $800 to $900 I would guess. Our OE seats are pretty good quality mix of leather and vinyl and the suede is a man made product but pretty darn good stuff. The Katzkin is pretty good quality also but it too is a mix of leather and matching vinyl as are any OE or aftermarket products.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

mval

good posting guys, have notice the suede on the drivers left side where you slide in  starting to show some color wear. not bad yet but still there. wondering since is man made out of plastic if can somehow be stained some way as you have to keep the holes for seat coolers to really work i would think.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Larrylu

Quote from: mval on June 15, 2014, 10:13:09 AM
good posting guys, have notice the suede on the drivers left side where you slide in  starting to show some color wear. not bad yet but still there. wondering since is man made out of plastic if can somehow be stained some way as you have to keep the holes for seat coolers to really work i would think.
I'd guess that the discoloration might be soiling. I'd be surprised if it was wear.  You don't need exotic and dangerous cleaners just try a mild soap and water solution and scrub with dampened cloth or maybe a soft bristle brush, then dry with a clean cloth and let dry. Remember damp not soaked.  That usually works for me and it's very safe.

jtoddk98

I like leather because it doesn't really stain and it's easy to clean. The suede doesnt wear as well either. I like the regular perforated leather In my moms 2013 Explorer limited (wanted a sport, weren't on the lots when she needed a car). Feels like the leather breaths better

ShoBoat

Adams and Zanio make really good leather cleaners and treatment. I have used both with great success. I treat mine a few times a year and they still look brand new in both out explorer and the SHO

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jtoddk98

I just made an interior on leatherseats.com $779 for the typical leather and vinyl mix and $979 for full leather except for the back and sides of the seats. That's not bad, but the install would probably be the part that really kills my wallet.

navbtcret

Installing seat covers is not as hard as you think. A set of hog ring pliers and some new hog rings is all you really need along with another set of hands to help stretch the covers to get them tight. You have to remove the seats to do it and one trick I learned over the years is to do it on a hot sunny day, let the new covers set outside in the sun to get warm and softer, it makes stretching them a bit easier. You can do the whole car in about 8-12 hours if you do not have to much trouble removing the seats. Ours do not look that hard. Make sure you pull the fuses for the air bags if you are going to do it though, just to make sure you do not fire off the air bags by accident. Also after that disconnect the battery.

The rear seat are so much easier than the front seats too.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes