• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 Lincoln mks ecoboost aftermarket tail lights : online sources needed please

Started by wikemallace, June 11, 2014, 04:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wikemallace

Hello all, I've been searching Google for some time note trying to find a good source with multiple options to purchase some cool looking, aftermarket tail lights for my 2010 Lincoln MKS ecoBoost and really haven't had much luck. All I've been able to find so far are the following two:

http://www.carparts.com/details/Spyder/Tail_Light/ALT-YD-LN03-BK.html

http://www.carparts.com/details/IPCW/Tail_Light/I11LEDT501EC.html

Are the Taurus SHO tail lights compatible or are they a different size/shape than the MKS?

Thanks in advance for any help/comments/suggestions anyone can provide me with and have a great day!
Just got Luci', my Tuxedo Black Metallic 2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost. I haven't started modding it out yet but that is why I joined this forum, so I can learn the proper way to do it from all you experienced members.

yowen

2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

68_GT

don't put junk tailights on your MKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

just tint yours and call it a day. The guy I posted up that made tailight tint for my SHO wil make it any design you want for your tailights.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SHODYOU

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

TSS

I love the MKS tail lights - agree on tinting if you want a change - those other lights look cheap and ricer. I see them on base Cobalts all the time.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BBOX

MDesign Performance

Ditto on what everyone else said, I think the MKS has one of the nicest LED tail lights out there. They look menacing at night actually!

Only mods I was interested in doing to my own set of MKS taillights was to swap the amber turn signal bulb to a LED bulb though they don't offer one due to the weird bulb Ford went with on the car. Might have to retrofit a LED light bar instead!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

DarkKnightMKS

Quote from: Spartn27 on June 11, 2014, 04:12:10 PM
Ditto on what everyone else said, I think the MKS has one of the nicest LED tail lights out there. They look menacing at night actually!

Only mods I was interested in doing to my own set of MKS taillights was to swap the amber turn signal bulb to a LED bulb though they don't offer one due to the weird bulb Ford went with on the car. Might have to retrofit a LED light bar instead!

Same feelings. I found out this the hard way after buying some leds. What a weird bulb indeed. Luckily amazon took them back with no issues.

If you ever retrofit the bars, I'd love to see it and have a how to. Thanks!