• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Headed to the track!

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 19, 2013, 09:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Just stopped at home real quick to take a shower after getting car together. I'll post up info tomorrow or if I hit an 11 I'll put up something tonight. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

Good Luck!  Hope to hear of the 11 tonight! 

bpd1151

Good Luck! :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

geswek

adelsin

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

tdmsu

mjhpadi

Good luck, sure hope your weather is cooler and less humidity then here...with our conditions, there certainly won't be any records set at our tracks.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

adelsin

Monsoon season, high heat and moderate humidity.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

painterpatt

Well ???? It's 11 am here in Ohio wake up  :))
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

EcoPowerParts

Here's what went down last night.
We finished the coilover installation around 5pm, installed the 17" drag wheels with tires and hit a snag with the front wheel hitting the ABS sensor mount tabs on the coilover. Took the wheels back off, zip tied the ABS line and bent the tabs out of the way. Loaded the car on the trailer, headed home, I smashed some food and took a shower and headed out the 120 miles to the track - SIR in Tucson 3,077ft elevation with the weather at 82 degrees, 51% humidity. Cool for us but not cool enough.
Got to the track at around 9:30 and made first pass at 10pm.
12.4@109 on motor with a 1.99 60' (this corrects to a 11.63@116mph - DA was 5400ft)
I was happy and disappointed, I thought for sure I could go 11's with motor but I still had my nitrous. Hot lapped it back and turned on the juice, 12.4@112 with a 2.0 60' WTF....
I had Torrie send me a tune with the 26" tire rev per mile but the car still wasn't shifting right. I didn't have my laptop to data log so I played with some of the progressive controller settings and hot lapped again 12.3@113 with a 1.89 60'.
I had 20lbs of air in the tires and it was very rough on the top end so I didn't want to drop the pressure any more. I made one more pass after cooling down but on the starting line the car slipped when I was trying to get into boost so my 60' went to 2.2 and I went 12.6@113.

Everything is there for an AZ 11 second 1/4 mile, if I had a few hours adjusting the tune on the road or dyno to get the shift kinks out I think that would have helped alot. With the 26" tires I'm shifting into 6th gear on the top end, I really think the 28x10.5R17 slicks would work better or the 275/50R17 drag radials.

All in all it was a good night but I'm disappointed. I definitely HATE loading and unloading the car on a trailer and towing it 240 miles round trip to do 4 runs.

On a side note my wife's '13 FX4 EB with a 91 octane Torrie tune pulled the Flex like a champ.
Got home at 2am and it's now 8:37 AM, I'm tired but need to take the Flex back to the shop, swap wheels and adjust the coilovers.
I'll post up pictures and video as soon as I can.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

painterpatt

So close :bow: Check your mail today too.
Koolaid drinkin, Flex drivin !!

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

adelsin

Nice! Im only an hour from SIR if you plan on going again.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2